Will they fit ?

farmranger

Reaction score
Hey guys headed out to Vale and Sicamous in week. Rented a 16x8 trailer with a 4ft V. Will I be able to get 3 sleds in it. Picking it up the night before don't want any surprises. Usually just run two on a deck. Thanks for input.

NorthstaRmk

Reaction score
do you know if it has wheel wells that go into the trailer? or does the trailer sit on top of the wheels? might not matter. but anyway, we used one buddys trailer lastyear, and the dimensions sound the same, we put the first sled in forward so the skis were in the "v", and backed the last two in side by side so the three tracks were all side by side. that trailer sat above the wheels. we also had the fourth sled on his deck on a angle so it wouldnt hit the trailer when we turned, that could always be an option for you third sled should it not fit inside

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't do it if you get pulled over and they check your sleds your tie downs are going to be iffy and they need to be tied front and back if the sleds are sitting on the wheel wells it might be hard to tie down. if you can get them tied down good go for it just remember you are going to val or sicamous the cops can be dicks

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your fine. they fit. and tie downs arnt hard. my trailer is 8 X 18 and 3-163 fit with room to spare.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went to vale last weekend with 3 sleds in a enclosed trailer that size,1 sled in forward and other 2 sleds backed in at the rear door

spikeydave

Reaction score
As stated, no worries on them fitting. I got a similar set up and go with 2 forward one back and have room. That is with 2-162" and 1 163" sleds. Tie downs just make sure you have 4 straps per sled and they will leave you alone. Used to go 1 front and 1 back but they are being picky so now do 2 front and 2 back per sled.

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As stated, no worries on them fitting. I got a similar set up and go with 2 forward one back and have room. That is with 2-162" and 1 163" sleds. Tie downs just make sure you have 4 straps per sled and they will leave you alone. Used to go 1 front and 1 back but they are being picky so now do 2 front and 2 back per sled.

How can the cops give you trouble for tying down your sled inside a trailer? We just put them in and set the breaks, never had any trouble.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They will fit Sir! He is a diagram of one my 8.5 X 22' trailers. We run a 6' v-nose + 16' straight wall :beer:

Attachments

• Layout_Trailmaster 8.5 X 22'.pdf
    3.6 KB · Views: 67

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 19 ft (included the v) you can load them all facing the rear door and there is lots of room.

Top Bottom