Will someone help me understand.......

maxandvin

Reaction score
Why prices of sleds are 1000 to 2500 dollars less in the U.S. than Canada? The Canuck buck has been at, or very close to parody for darn near 3 years so it can't be brushed off as exchange rate. I am willing to concede the American manufactured machines may cost less because of potential trade tariffs (I didn't read all the rules on bringing them into Canada), but how about Bombardier? The Canadian tax payer helps to subsidize this proudly Canadian company yet a 2012 Ski Doo MXZ X RS 800 R ETEC is listed at $14,399US and $15,799CA (source is American Snowmobiler Nov. 2012 edition). We are charged PDI and destination costs at the dealerships so that can't possibly be it. Perhaps I am naive and believe that we should be treated fairly by a Canadian Company that we all work so hard to help support?

zonker892

Reaction score
The reason americans pay less for everything is because the amount of goods consumed in the USA. More sleds are sold in the USA so they get a better deal

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reason americans pay less for everything is because the amount of goods consumed in the USA. More sleds are sold in the USA so they get a better deal

So that means we can go down to the US, buy a sled cheap and bring it back..... NOT.

krash

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
many of us ask the same question......... maybe it's best if we don't know the answer to that question!:arguebats:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why prices of sleds are 1000 to 2500 dollars less in the U.S. than Canada? The Canuck buck has been at, or very close to parody for darn near 3 years so it can't be brushed off as exchange rate. I am willing to concede the American manufactured machines may cost less because of potential trade tariffs (I didn't read all the rules on bringing them into Canada), but how about Bombardier? The Canadian tax payer helps to subsidize this proudly Canadian company yet a 2012 Ski Doo MXZ X RS 800 R ETEC is listed at $14,399US and $15,799CA (source is American Snowmobiler Nov. 2012 edition). We are charged PDI and destination costs at the dealerships so that can't possibly be it. Perhaps I am naive and believe that we should be treated fairly by a Canadian Company that we all work so hard to help support?

The price on the 2013's have narrowed between Canadian and US prices. BRP is not subsidized by the Canadian Government. Bombardier is however. Hope this helps.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
many of us ask the same question......... maybe it's best if we don't know the answer to that question!:arguebats:

HAHAHHA this has been asked many times and its always the same answer....

everything costs more in Canada except health care and yes they consume so much they have the best pricing and the population is so big its more cost effective to supply..

business tax is higher in Can
wages are higher in Can

these things all add up there fore business cots roughley 10% more just to operate...

so dont woory guys SnoPro isnt banking the differance LMFAO..

p.s. did ya notice re sale is lower as well in the USA? so at the end of the day its a wash we pay more then we get more after we are done all the same to me?

maxandvin

Reaction score
JoHNY T I can't accept the argument that wages in Canada are higher and tax and, and and. These machines are manufactured in Canada so higher wages are paid, higher taxes are paid and so forth. I would think then that the cost of these sleds would at a bare minimum, be the same in both countries. Your logic applies to US machines though. Secondly I agree with Zonker that because of the larger population Americans pay less for goods, but stuff that is made here and we ship out of country should be the same price if the dollar is close. Last but not least, it is a very fine Line on the corporate tax return who we subsidize!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
JoHNY T I can't accept the argument that wages in Canada are higher and tax and, and and. These machines are manufactured in Canada so higher wages are paid, higher taxes are paid and so forth. I would think then that the cost of these sleds would at a bare minimum, be the same in both countries. Your logic applies to US machines though. Secondly I agree with Zonker that because of the larger population Americans pay less for goods, but stuff that is made here and we ship out of country should be the same price if the dollar is close. Last but not least, it is a very fine Line on the corporate tax return who we subsidize!

you dont have to except... you just have to pay it hahahaha just bugging

well what is it then? please tell me so i understand

you said it yourself.... population how many sled's does canada consume? how many does the USA consume? this is my only rational because I dont think every manufacturer of cars bikes sleds is fawking Canada are they hahaha.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it cant be a concidenace can it?

as a population we spend more money on oil then sleds so i would be asking why the fawk we pay more for oil when its pumped out of my back yard?

now that's a good question?
or maybe
its just the cost of doing business and governemnt support

hells if I knew I would be rich!!! like snopro

maxandvin

Reaction score
I know, it's just frustrating as you look at new machines with 2 different prices and our prices are higher grrrr.

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read a MaClanes's Article about Canadian paying more because business charge more to us. They do this because we do not put up a fight and we keep paying it.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There very well be many factors that come into play.BUT,something that is made here and
sold here should without a doubt be cheeper here then other places.
The further a product has to be shippped the more it should cost.PERIOD.
Thats the way things should work,but thats not the way things do work.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There very well be many factors that come into play.BUT,something that is made here and
sold here should without a doubt be cheeper here then other places.
The further a product has to be shippped the more it should cost.PERIOD.
Thats the way things should work,but thats not the way things do work.

ya.....ill try and post the numbers of USA SALES vs canada sales tomorow it was in snowest but it was rather alarming. SORT of makes sense now

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jeez you guys, these sleds are produced in Quebec, we need to subsidize them so they can all speak French and get nearly free education, and day care!!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trencher.........what? There is going to be doolaide all over the place and then you'll be complaining about it. Let sleeping dogs lie. Lmao!!

Top Bottom