will my clutching work?

inkstreme_05

Reaction score
2012 SBA clutching...

hey guys first time posting got a question.
for the first time ever ive played with the clutching on a sled. i got a 2012 polaris SBA 144 2". In the Primary i put a blue/pink primary and put MTX 68 gram weights with 2 add a grams closest to the bushing and 3 grams on the tip. so a total of 72grams. i have not touched anything with the secondary. now my question is....will i be alright with that setup in the mountains planning on being in sicamous at the end of april. and will it work in the mountains during the winter months when there is way more snow? i havent had much testing with whats in there but it was my attempt at trying to make the sled stand up a little better. when i put it to the bars ive seen it hit 8250 at the start but i havent been able to open it up and see what it actually climbs to. (im in saskatchewan and the snow is disappearing rapidly, couldnt find a smooth run to test it). If anyone has any info or advice would be greatly appreciated. if that setup wont work ill just simply put the stock setup back in it for the mountains. THANKS

Last edited:

ASSAULTrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: 2012 SBA clutching...

72 sounds a little heavy for a stock machine but u won't know till u get up their bring Ur stock mountain weights just in case when u go & u can play around with it & Ur spring should be fine

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I agree, I only get away with 63 grams with the Dalton weights, most of the weigth is centralized.

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It will be close, I would go 2 in the tip and 1 in the middle.....try that and if it will pull another gram in the tip, great.
the MTX profile doesnt compare with the stock poo weights as far as grams.
This is for 3-7000 ft.

sorsy

Reaction score

That sounds wicked heavy...i am running a 13 pro and i am running 62 grams for that 3-7000ft...and my machine pulls 8250 all day long with stock clutching.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It will be close, I would go 2 in the tip and 1 in the middle.....try that and if it will pull another gram in the tip, great.
the MTX profile doesnt compare with the stock poo weights as far as grams.
This is for 3-7000 ft.
As Winter Brew posted - the MTX weight do not jive with polaris weights. Putting them on a digital postal scale, I've found them to be almost 2g lighter then the number stamped on them. Profile is significantly different, too. For mountain use, I believe the MTX 68's will be too heavy - 64's would be the ideal base weight, and add rivets from there. Your stock weights will be a bit heavy for elevation, too. My 2 cents

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

On the 12 and 13 163 Pros we have had great success with 68 base MTX with weight added to middle and tip, different springs and more helix. 81-8200 all day.
The TCP arms are super impressive also.

Top Bottom