will my clutching work?

inkstreme_05

Reaction score
2012 SBA clutching...

hey guys first time posting got a question.
for the first time ever ive played with the clutching on a sled. i got a 2012 polaris SBA 144 2". In the Primary i put a blue/pink primary and put MTX 68 gram weights with 2 add a grams closest to the bushing and 3 grams on the tip. so a total of 72grams. i have not touched anything with the secondary. now my question is....will i be alright with that setup in the mountains planning on being in sicamous at the end of april. and will it work in the mountains during the winter months when there is way more snow? i havent had much testing with whats in there but it was my attempt at trying to make the sled stand up a little better. when i put it to the bars ive seen it hit 8250 at the start but i havent been able to open it up and see what it actually climbs to. (im in saskatchewan and the snow is disappearing rapidly, couldnt find a smooth run to test it). If anyone has any info or advice would be greatly appreciated. if that setup wont work ill just simply put the stock setup back in it for the mountains. THANKS

Last edited:

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: 2012 SBA clutching...

hey guys first time posting got a question.
for the first time ever ive played with the clutching on a sled. i got a 2012 polaris SBA 144 2". In the Primary i put a blue/pink primary and put MTX 68 gram weights with 2 add a grams closest to the bushing and 3 grams on the tip. so a total of 72grams. i have not touched anything with the secondary. now my question is....will i be alright with that setup in the mountains planning on being in sicamous at the end of april. and will it work in the mountains during the winter months when there is way more snow? i havent had much testing with whats in there but it was my attempt at trying to make the sled stand up a little better. when i put it to the bars ive seen it hit 8250 at the start but i havent been able to open it up and see what it actually climbs to. (im in saskatchewan and the snow is disappearing rapidly, couldnt find a smooth run to test it). If anyone has any info or advice would be greatly appreciated. if that setup wont work ill just simply put the stock setup back in it for the mountains. THANKS

Good luck with that set up.

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

72g for a stock 800 seems a little high to be running in the mountains. I could be wrong but it would take a well running 800 polaris to pull 72g at altitude...

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

I would go back to the stock set up or even a few grams lighter on the weights.....have a mountain set up and a flat land set up.....I suppose you could try it as it would not be hard to change on the hill.....I used to do it on the hill all the time when I rode polaris.....

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yeah follow the chart. I had a 2012 SBA and put in the yellow pink primary spring and the weights rec'd by polaris (62 grams?) and it was pretty much perfect in on my one trip in the mountains with it.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You'll definitely need lighter flyweights - probably 62's. Keep the SLP spring.

Top Bottom