Will common sense prevail?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
We know that our country is phucked in many ways. Political correctness is in our daily lives everyday. With a multitude of nationalities and the changing of the landscape so to speak, times are changing.

I don't have feeling for the story line below, one way or the other. I don't know what the majority of aboriginal/native/First Nations people think but is common sense going to come to the forefront today? We know the professional sports teams names will change (Eskimos, Blackhawks, etc..) but will the judge postpone judgement or delay until after the series and not make his decision effective today?

Ontario judge could decide whether Cleveland logo can be used in Toronto - Toronto - CBC News

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure hope common sense will prevail! What a messed up world we live in!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This crap breeds a life in itself in the media removing all logic and sense. Everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame, in this case someone probably wants a couple 15 million dollar contracts designing something for the libs out east. Roughriders - could be spun as sexual: Packers - lets not go there lol. Red/Blacks. Maybe the Lions are offended a football team is named after them? Not much mighty about ducks but I doubt they will complain. Cleavland Browns? Come on WHO CARES!!! The history of a region is quickly getting destroyed for some political grandstand BS! Tired of it.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the person that is bringing up the law suit can't/won't attend the hearing, then it should be thrown out of court.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
If the person that is bringing up the law suit can't/won't attend the hearing, then it should be thrown out of court.

Douglas Cardinal, a Blackfoot from the Calgary area, and a famous Canadian/global architect. He just happens to be out of the country at this point in time. Not that I'm defending him nor the system, just stating what I read.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its absolutely stupid, political correctness and people being offended and disrespected is getting totally out of hand and ridiculous.

On a side note , if the Indians aren"t allowed to play or don't show up to any of the games in Toronto, Maybe , just Maybe , Bautista might get a friggen hit !!!!!!!! Overpaid schmuck.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Douglas Cardinal, a Blackfoot from the Calgary area, and a famous Canadian/global architect. He just happens to be out of the country at this point in time. Not that I'm defending him nor the system, just stating what I read.

I know you're not defending him.

So an Alberta man (because he thinks he's the voice of the people) meddling in Ontario's affairs brings up a law suit when he knows he will be out of the country so he doesn't have to answer any questions (allegedly). I say throw it out.
As a former teacher Doug, you know there is no common sense anymore. There are no more winners. There will only be losers in anything that happens now a days.

Russell P

Reaction score
The problem with being politically correct is that it usually goes against being correct in the first place. In most cases the people screaming for political correctness are only doing so for attention or see the possibility of financial profit.
Do you think the fighting Irish are going to be asked to change their name because it may offend an Irish person, doubt it. The bleeding heart left wing media and pathetic pansy ass government sees no need to.
Our Government and subsidized media (CBC) are a perfect match.
Just my thoughts.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
people who start these stupid ideas have way too much time on their hands. That would be that last thing I would consider if I was bored in life. Maybe they need to work a bit harder in life to avoid these brain fart moments. Just my 2cents worth.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just read in that second link Doug posted, that the courts upheld the rights of the Cleveland Indians to use their name and pictures and jerseys.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where does all this stupidity end? I'm fed up. We are nothing but a nation of limp wristed pansies who cow tow to every minority out there pandering their cause.

Im thinking your right! I gave up long time ago buying into this political correctiveness! I now call a spade a spade, problely makes me look racist but fk um. If your black, white, red, green, or blue your all the same to me.
no special treatment is given.
If you want your land back then buy it like the rest for us. You don't like a teams name....make you feel hard done by, pfhhh get over yourself.
You want to move here and be Canadian but live by your culture, pi$$ off.
If we keep giving into the bleeding hearts of political Corectivness we will end up with war. Are goverment has to stop the madness!!!!
All this a$$ kissing is going to kill this country.
rant over.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just watching Global News right now Doug and they just did a story how lefties want to force a Halloween store chain to pull their "Pocohonta's" costumes off the racks as it is disrespectful to aboriginals. It depicts a pretty native woman in pigtails with beads wearing a tanned leather dress and moccosins. The dress isn't even revealing. Anybody ever go to Indian Village at Stampede Park during the Calgary Stampede? Apparently those folks don't find it disrespectful? Why should we?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Global interviewed 4 native aboriginals on the street in Toronto last night asking them if they were offended by the Cleveland Indians logo and uni's and all 4 said no. It appears white people are the ones offended not the other way around?

Top Bottom