Why can Heli-Skiers ski our terrain?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do the local businesses put up with this guy? Why don't they get together and make his life so miserable that he leaves? If I owned a business there that depended on sledding I woudn't put up with his crap, I'd go after him hard.

his operation is gigantic he is going no where and has the political power.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya if i am not correct i read somewhere last year when he was trying to get the media to close down areas to sledders that he charges the BC goverment somewhere around 25000 dollars when they have to go out for a resucue so for the fact that a chopper runs for around 1000 / hr he is probably making 10 to 15 thousand dollars profit from the gov everytime he has to go on a search and rescue what a tool make a profit then complain he is a real work of art.

when i think about it its even worse because you know where the sledder is barried in an avalanche situation so a max of 1hr flying time. then again i guess he has to charge what he would normally be making of skiers. but its not 25000. then again i dont care what it costs if i need a rescue ( if i was paying as long as im alive )

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wiegele flies in his guests, mostly from europe.
The benefit he does is nothing to the economy.
His accomodations, his restaurants, his equipment, his supplies, and his guest's money do not contribute a dime to the local economy... it all goes in his pocket.
How can you go after him? blue river could be a ghost town and it would not matter to him, because his guests don't even leave his compound.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's unfortunate. People who make their living off the sledding community are for the most part good down to earth people and it really bothers me that he gets away with screwing them over.

Lloydsaw

Reaction score
He is a true business man (Wiegle) then, the almighty dollar speaks. So who pays the $20K, forstry, Search & rescue or the victims family?

Lloydsaw

Reaction score
Why do the local businesses put up with this guy? Why don't they get together and make his life so miserable that he leaves? If I owned a business there that depended on sledding I woudn't put up with his crap, I'd go after him hard.

The local community can do nothing about it. He pays his taxes as required and for everything else he get's from the outside world from other sources. He doesn't buy anything local, the community is too small to support him in anyway. His staff stays in his hotel, I doubt he has anyone local hired.

booster

Reaction score
Atleast in revy sledders still get somewhat of a break on the rooms ,they jack them up for the skiers,hahaha:p

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
crap i haven't had a sledders discount in revy for years cause of the plankers [ ie skiers ]... oh also snowboarders are wide base plankers.... lol
only crows, sicamous and valmount have i found sledders discounts.... in the last years...

mikecbi

Reaction score
quit you whining already.you make all snowmobilers seem like a bunch of pussies.there is how much wide open space .didnt your parents ever teach you to share .god help the world if someone has a business that makes money in a small town.

Top Bottom