Who's Thinking About Buying a 2010 M Series??

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what the Cat fans think about the 2010 M series and if any are considering buying one in the Fall. I'm really interested in the M8 162, love the 160 HP but hate the graphics and the looks of the seat. Maybe it will grow on me?? The prices are a bit out to lunch as well, we are getting seriously hosed now that our dollar has gone for a chit. Was talking to one of the dealers and he said the prices will more than likely come down another $1000 in the Fall. However, I am not going to snocheck one....don't really care much for the all black sled.

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The prices are just way out of line for 10. My snocheck that I just had to have was $2700 less about eight weeks after I picked it up.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i like the M8. the seat grows on ya. lots of storage, comfy and gives good rider position. i will be looking in the fall so we will see how much the pricing comes down

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Way too pricy and the last year for the M, I think I will wait to see what replaces it next year.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just found out that my sleds a write off so ill most likely be pickin one up in the fall, and dont worry the price always comes down quite a bit in oct/nov. The seat does grow on ya, i didnt like it at first but when u see it and sit on it is goood. As for the sno check if u do like it dont bother with checkin it people always back out and dealers (some anyway) order extras so come fall u can usually find one:beer:

Y do u say its the last year for the M??

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep definitely love the new M8, didn't like the black at first on the snow pro Le but seeing it at the big 4 sneak preview really made me want it. Hoping to find a black one in the fall, always seems to be an extra couple snow checks left at Proline in Saskatoon, if not still definitely gonna buy one, probably the sno pro M8 153.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, be in mc Bride easter weekend maybe you'll get lucky were bringing up 3 2010, and ones a m8 162, proof is in the pudding, let me know if your interested in a demo ride................

terry

SledderX

Reaction score
Already snow checked 010 M8 162 snopro cant go wrong 09 schooled the competition already this year now 160 horse it will be un stoppable in the 800 class. Add a turbo and it will be the best all around mountain sled available.
Just my opinion.

FoxTrot

Reaction score
I was seriously looking at picking up a new M8 but after thinking about it there are a few things about the new sleds that I'm a little uneasy about. The seat looks a little funky but by the sounds of it, it's an outstanding addition to a chassis that's already proven itself. Body wise the sled is virtually unchanged, it's the engine that makes me nervous. The new engines are supposed to be good for 160 Hp which is right around what the Liberty 800's are good for so the Cat's should be fairly capable of spanking the Dragon's now. The new engines have been lightened up a fair bit (apparently 3.5 lbs off of the crankshaft alone) as well. Does this make any red lights go on in anyone else's heads as well?? I understand the desire for more power but a simple head revision with a reworked intake and better flowing exhaust on the current 2009 800 would have made the same power and still be sitting on a reliable bottom end. What I'm wondering is if the recall list on the new 800's won't be as long as the Liberty list (I doubt anyone will ever come close to the Doo's) For that reason I'm more than happy to pay for a good solid 2009 and make a few modifications and still stay the same price as a 2010. That and you can get the sweet new seat right from Cat.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was seriously looking at picking up a new M8 but after thinking about it there are a few things about the new sleds that I'm a little uneasy about. The seat looks a little funky but by the sounds of it, it's an outstanding addition to a chassis that's already proven itself. Body wise the sled is virtually unchanged, it's the engine that makes me nervous. The new engines are supposed to be good for 160 Hp which is right around what the Liberty 800's are good for so the Cat's should be fairly capable of spanking the Dragon's now. The new engines have been lightened up a fair bit (apparently 3.5 lbs off of the crankshaft alone) as well. Does this make any red lights go on in anyone else's heads as well?? I understand the desire for more power but a simple head revision with a reworked intake and better flowing exhaust on the current 2009 800 would have made the same power and still be sitting on a reliable bottom end. What I'm wondering is if the recall list on the new 800's won't be as long as the Liberty list (I doubt anyone will ever come close to the Doo's) For that reason I'm more than happy to pay for a good solid 2009 and make a few modifications and still stay the same price as a 2010. That and you can get the sweet new seat right from Cat.

Ya, theres quite a few of our customers going that way,, upgrades on a new o9 will put up on the snow with a comparable sled and money in the bank...

i shat my pants when i saw the priceof the 10's as did a few others, i then bought 20 m8 snopro 2009 models as there is always good rebates on the non currents...

T

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
What can we buy a 2009 M8 for? I am seriously considering a turbo and swapping my 174 on to one, depending on the cash flow. My buddy snowchecked a regular M8 162 last year and paid 10,300 plus taxes and got the 2 yr warranty etc etc. With the rebate there should be some awesome deals out there.

kamikaze cat

Reaction score

I completely agree with you and time will tell. As far as the Poo's I bet you wont be able to find an official HP rating after their recall but I'm betting it won't be 154 anymore. Makes you wonder if it isnt all just a big marketing scheme.Sell a bunch of sleds you know are going to blow up just so you can claim to be top dog, worry about fixing them later. The only one who suffers is the customer. I hate to say this but next sled I get is probably going to be a Yammy. The humilation from my friends will be easier to take when I'm out riding and they're getting towed down the mountain.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my rule of thumb is never buy anything 1st genaration (i know these m8's arnt but the motor pretty much is)

Im curious to see if the "new and improved" lightweight crank is goin to stand up to the punishment of a season in the mountains, As well as i cant wait for the first guy that wants warrenty after putting in farm fuel you can ONLY use prem fuel and yes the 2010's do have a low octane indicator so your dealer will know

Until i see that these can really take a sh*t kicking i will be sticking with my tried and tested 06 m7

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm with you as well it through a major red flag up in my head when I learned that they were talking 3.5lbs out of the crankshaft. The head mod better pipe and intake would have been a way smarter choice but as for the seat I put one on my m7 and I love it the rider positioning is amazing and the ability to move side to side faster is a real bonus as well

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The hrcs are sweet, the 141 crossfires are sweet......they are a sask guys dream, not too long to loose top end not too short for the fields, the fox airs and the telescoping handlebars......one thing is would buy a 09 before a 2010, that new motor is scary.....maybe ill be going back to cat in 2011 and get a nice left over crossfire 8 if the motor holds up.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My guess is that the crank will be good under stock power, i can't see it holding up to a turbo. I can't wait to see how they go.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The crank will not be weaker! Compare it to the skidoo crank and still it's much more tough. They didn't weaken the crank, they took off unnessary weight. This can actually make something stronger in some places, since it takes off rotating mass.... but again this is all theory, we will see soon enough :d:beer:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't know ski-doo cranks were weak??? With turbos becoming more popular, especialy on cats i would think that Arctic cat would take that into consideration. Maybe they did and its all good. Again, i can't wait to here how they go. Let it snow!!

Top Bottom