Who's snowchecking 2025

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They should all have 3 years min. Buddies pulled a 2022 turbo skidoo off the hill this weekend sled is well looked after and the motor seized at 1000 miles. Total BS.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can afford a 9R with boost you can afford a doo turbo. The difference is 2 years warranty, which is what most people would like when spending 25g for a toy. Others don't care what the cost is to have something they want.
You can finance the Boost and Turbo Doo from the dealer, run pump gas and have warranty so if the engine does fail and the owner can't afford to fix it the warranty has your back.. But if an individual wants something different they know the risks and the associated costs that come with modifying a stock sled. I am not sure why Polaris should turbo the 9r at this point when they have a turbo available or warranty it if a customer does turbo it.

These sleds are going to depreciate bad when the warranty is gone, very few can afford to fix them and pay for them what people still owe on them.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can finance the Boost and Turbo Doo from the dealer, run pump gas and have warranty so if the engine does fail and the owner can't afford to fix it the warranty has your back.. But if an individual wants something different they know the risks and the associated costs that come with modifying a stock sled. I am not sure why Polaris should turbo the 9r at this point when they have a turbo available or warranty it if a customer does turbo it.

These sleds are going to depreciate bad when the warranty is gone, very few can afford to fix them and pay for them what people still owe on them.
If they turbo the 9R then there will be no market for a 850 Polaris Boost that I can see. Would make no sense. I think Polaris would be better to stay where they are on those 2 models as there is something for everyone then.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

polaris will turbo the 9R, they work far better than the 850. They will sell a pile of them but they will be 30k with Polaris current pricing scheme.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
polaris will turbo the 9R, they work far better than the 850. They will sell a pile of them but they will be 30k with Polaris current pricing scheme.
But to give that motor to the consumer with boost on it, they will drop the compression, pull some timing and then it won't be a bunch better than the 850.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they turbo the 9R then there will be no market for a 850 Polaris Boost that I can see. Would make no sense. I think Polaris would be better to stay where they are on those 2 models as there is something for everyone then.
and not everyone wants a turbo sled, but want a little more than the 850, this sled fill the gap. I see Polaris dropping the 850 in the N/A configuration sooner than later, then a 9r or Boost the western crowd.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yep, I was surprised that it didn’t happen this year. Regardless, whatever polaris does, IMO it will not compare to a Bennybilt sled. I would have loved to try his 9r out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and not everyone wants a turbo sled, but want a little more than the 850, this sled fill the gap. I see Polaris dropping the 850 in the N/A configuration sooner than later, then a 9r or Boost the western crowd.
Next year is a big one for Polaris. Lets see what they come up with.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yep, I was surprised that it didn’t happen this year. Regardless, whatever polaris does, IMO it will not compare to a Bennybilt sled. I would have loved to try his 9r out.

If everything goes they way I hope. I’ll have a 9R turbo for test rides next season.

Last edited:

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 9r in full race trim with outlaw twins, running on race fuel would be a sled that would be fun to rip around around. That would bring me back to the late 90's early 2000's mod sleds. Nothing like the smell of c112 in the morning to get the blood pumping.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 9r in full race trim with outlaw twins, running on race fuel would be a sled that would be fun to rip around around. That would bring me back to the late 90's early 2000's mod sleds. Nothing like the smell of c112 in the morning to get the blood pumping.

twins dont seem to do F all on these new sleds. i watched the polaris improvers with twins at jackson and they arent moving any faster than a stocker and way slower than a boost. They Just make alot of noise

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
twins dont seem to do F all on these new sleds. i watched the polaris improvers with twins at jackson and they arent moving any faster than a stocker and way slower than a boost. They Just make alot of noise

Yep I noticed the same thing, mentioned it to dad while we were watching the runs that stock sleds and improved were running the same times and didn’t seem to move any faster through the speed sections. Didn’t see much of a difference until it went to turbo classes. The twins sound way better though, they have a good bark

Last edited:

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Boost 900 is coming. History has shown that every 4 years they release something new. So, i would suspect that 2026 is the 900 Boost. However, as stated earlier, it will be lower on compression, have less timing and a tune that will "work" on pump gas. It will be more responsive then an 850, but will not be anywhere near an aftermarket set up. They are stuck with what they can do when adhering to emissions standards. The Boost 850 is already having DET issues, the 900 will only be worse.

I know Av gas isnt as readily available for everyone, but high compression and boost on Av is so good.

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Boost 900 is coming. History has shown that every 4 years they release something new. So, i would suspect that 2026 is the 900 Boost. However, as stated earlier, it will be lower on compression, have less timing and a tune that will "work" on pump gas. It will be more responsive then an 850, but will not be anywhere near an aftermarket set up. They are stuck with what they can do when adhering to emissions standards. The Boost 850 is already having DET issues, the 900 will only be worse.

I know Av gas isnt as readily available for everyone, but high compression and boost on Av is so good.
so for someone who has been very successful making power with av gas on a Polaris engine , why are the doo engines seem adverse to av gas ? We spent quite a few frustrating hours tied to a dyno with the ability to readily change compression,timing , exhaust etc. very modest gains .91 or 114 good returns .

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so for someone who has been very successful making power with av gas on a Polaris engine , why are the doo engines seem adverse to av gas ? We spent quite a few frustrating hours tied to a dyno with the ability to readily change compression,timing , exhaust etc. very modest gains .91 or 114 good returns .
I never had great luck with AV either, way more consistent performance with VP and the oxygenated stuff was really good on N/A mod motors.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They would if you could get them side by side on a straight up pull with no RPM drops. Like all twins, they take some torque away on the bottom and raise peak RPM on a long pull, and work better when hot, so need to be held WFO. The new sleds compensate too much with exhaust temps and / or air fuels, so you don't get as much out of a set of twins like the old days. The old sleds you could just jet a bit leaner and get them hot, and that was where you picked up the power.

The up and down RPMs in gate running and corners at Jackson won't demonstrate the capability of twin pipes since they probably only make 3-5 HP more than stock in the mid-RPM range. If they did a straight uphill dash for cash like the old BCSF style climbs, you'd probably see a couple sled lengths improvement. Chrisco tested the Outlaws extensively and found the same results I think, wicked for long pulls, not much better than stock for most other things. Biggest benefit is probably the 6 lb weight loss.

Top Bottom