Who's running winter tires on their trucks and if you are, what kind?

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just pulled my Goodyear Ultragrip Ice WRT out of Storage. will be bolting them on tomorrow. Only my second winter on winter tires. Will see. I don't know that I am sold on them yet. Had good luck with the Goodyear Silent Armor in the past.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wrangler Duratracs Studded. Only studable tire that I could find that I can get in a 35" tall.
Ran 295's for two winters and got over 80 000km out of them. Excellent tire IMO

shawn.t

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Just got some new Goodyear Wrangler Territories on sale, A Canadian Tire version of the Duratrac. Havent had enough snow yet to tes them, but in mud they are excellent

Wildreaper

Reaction score
Run goodyear Silentarmour on all my vehicles the work awesome, year round. Got 70,000 km on them and 40 percent left.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all you guys with f350s that run the stock 20s, what are you guys getting for tires and sizes. Nobody makes winter tires in the 275-65-20 size...well they do but they are hard to find.

puddle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all you guys with f350s that run the stock 20s, what are you guys getting for tires and sizes. Nobody makes winter tires in the 275-65-20 size...well they do but they are hard to find.
Hankook i*pike rw 11 They'll work for ya Great tire

the450kid

Reaction score
i*pike RW 11- 20" for me, and Nokian Hakk 5 for the wife and daughter (i don't trust their driving :D) - all studded.
Hitting the ditch/curb costs more than the tires these days.
What did these Ipikes set you back? did you buy them local? I am in the market and not really sure who i want to give my left leg to for these tires in red deer.

jazzman

Reaction score
seeing as the ol crapper has one wheel drive going to save some coin and just get one snow tire for that wheel. what ya think.
I think you know what i mean mister know it all! Its not a dually! Wow! Are you kinding me what ya think.:nono:

Last edited:

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trying the duratracs this year.

Last year ran the Tirecraft courser MSR's Knock off of the coopers. They worked well.

Canuck 1

Reaction score
I've been running Blizzak 965's for the last 6 yrs. they are a 10 ply, non studded winter tire designed for heavy ( 1 ton diesel ) commercial trucks.
Friggin awseome tire.

Top Bottom