Who's running winter tires on their trucks and if you are, what kind?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Like the title says......... I'm running hercules avalance 10 ply winter radials this year on the big black dodge........ Have never ran winter tires on any of my trucks, so this is a first, and so far am very impressed with them. Very smooth and not noisy at all. I did think about studding them, but decided against it. Have ran winter tires on our other vehicles for quite some time now. They truly make a difference in winter driving conditions

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be running telstar winter quest tires this year. Will be a huge improvement over the stock bad year wranglers that are on it.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put on some Cooper M&S 265 60 20's on my F150. Best part is they were free! Forgot we had them they were upstairs in storage that came off a Denali . They seem to work pretty good better than the chitty Pirelli's.

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put Dean winter cats that I did have them studded on the wife’s truck (ram 1500 4x4), She really likes them and last night when I backed into our drive way they showed me how good they work as when I put my truck in park (2wd) and stepped off the break I slid back down the drive way into the street lol, ended up parking it in 4wd.

Got my truck booked in for Monday to get 35x12.50x20 BFG all terrains not a true winter tire but should be way better than my Interco 37x13.50x20 SS M-16's

bigoil

Reaction score
I put herculies avalanche 275-75r18 on the wifes f150 awsome traction and goodyear dura trac 325-65r18 on my f350 this is my first year running winter tires always ran toyo mt the dura tracs are way better on ice but not so good in the mud.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also bought the Hercules Avalanche LT24575/R16 load range E, $840.00 installed in Feb. I did not stud them, so far a great tire with no road noise.

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Duratrac 325-60-20's siped and studded om my f350 and the Hankook iPikes on the wifes egde sport, both work really well, the iPikes on that edge are great, unbelivable how it handles with thaose tires on ice and snow, very happy with them

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had BFg all terrains on my truck and drove into the ditch in about a foot of snow. I struggled to get out of the ditch. Took them back to kal tire and got blizzacks. Drove in the same ditch the next day and could drive in two wheel drive. Snow tires all the way for me. We do revy every weekend with a big trailer. Brand new snow tires and no close calls with traction. If you are towing they are a must have. Passing is safe. When you pass slow drivers in a foot of slush/ice with a 30' trailer they look over like your a a-hole and crazy but yet with proper tires there's no problems. I used to run all types of mud snow tires. After going to a snow tire I will never run the mountains with out. Last yr driving down owls head a few trucks slid off the road. As others rounded the corner it was a chain of outa control trucks skidding down. I had no idea as I rounded the switch back and saw the road blocked. I was able to stop with a 4 place on slush and ice unlike the 4 trucks in front of me that all went out of control off the road. They had studded all terrains ect. Snow tires work. Blizzacks are awesome. Also Bridgestone I pike studded. I run those on my jeep and hit the ditch on purpose all the time. Lol

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
X4

me three! Awesome tire. I have the studded hak 5 on my silverado....i would never go to a non studded again.

tires.jpg

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Lots of good winter tires not even on that list......... Most of those are small suv tires....... Can't get the truck sizes or lt rating on a lot of them......... Good list, though

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nokian Hak on the dually, wifes Yukon gets the Firestone WinterForce. The Firestones are the best I've run so far.
Had the Cooper M/S on my work truck but after I holed both rears on the same day I won't run them again.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run Toyo WLT1 winter tires...10 ply also. last winter was the first time I ran a "Winter tire" and like others have said I wouldn't go back to anyones all season especially going through the mountians all winter haulin an enclosed trailer.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nokian Hak on the dually, wifes Yukon gets the Firestone WinterForce. The Firestones are the best I've run so far.
Had the Cooper M/S on my work truck but after I holed both rears on the same day I won't run them again.
What DRD said...I had Cooper M+S studded before and the Winterforce (studded) are a FAR better winter tire. No good for you "real truck" guys, but OK for 1/2 tons with the "P" tires. Now...to get them on this weekend....

Top Bottom