Who's riding this weekend??

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
As there is quite a bit of snow in the mountains allready, and Im sure alot of people have allready headed out for the weekend, who is going or is there allready. Please post your experiences, if you have some pictures please post them.
Let is snow!! :snow:

RON

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish!!, however if there is a sledding god next weekend may be a different story. As far as posting pics...maybe once I get the smilies and icons figured out.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy and I are gonna try out Silent Pass tomorrow. Heard there was lots of fresh, so hoping for the best! I'll be sure to comment afterwards... Wish us luck!

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Smilies

Esox, the smilies are quite simple, when doing your message when you are typing just go over to the right ---> and click on a smilie if you need more just click on the more and a whole bunch more will pop up, just click on the one you want then thats it. They show up where your curser is at the time you select the smilie:yahoo: one you selected the smilie if your in the second window just close out the pop up window.. And at the time you are typing in a mesage at the bottom of the screen is the post icons, selct one, default is the paper, there is 14 other to select from, the flashing light is for hot topics and awsome conditions.

RON

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ron :D :wavymsn: I'm gonna give this a rip despite the fact that when I put them in the message they don't show up as the icons but text. i'll send it and see what it looks like:snow:

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Answered my own question...I guess that didn't hurt too bad at all:faint: :danceMsn: :cool:. thanks again :cool:

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Esox, its good you figured it out.

I think the site may be slower this weekend alot of people are out for the first weekend of sledding.
I was out myself all day putting signage on the Snow Angles trail system. Another good snowfall and our trails are in good shape. It was a good day we played in the odd area as well, there were some good drifts.

RON

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Was out at Alberta beach yesterday and put in a couple hours of ditch bangin with my wifes new sled,Found some pretty good drifts along highway 43 to play in.Wiped out a couple times and had a blast.Cant wait to get to McBride the end of the month!
Catmando:nitro:

Rev_it

Reaction score
Website
animalinu.ca
My neighbor was scheduled to go to to Valemount last weekend, the ended up riding around edson and Hinton.

We are going to Golden on friday, heard they have the most snow!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Catmando, Barry and myself are heading to McBride at the end of the month as well, we may see you there.. I can really try out my Nos there!!

RON:specool:

Sound good Ron,there is a fairly large group of us,at this point 9,I will be on a Orange King Cat and have a Blue backpack.Will be there thursday night through Monday afternoon!
catmando:snow:

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well good news and bad news. We did make it out to Silent Pass on Saturday and there is a tonne of snow out there, or at least from what we could tell. The thing was, we had never been there before and were unprepared. Neither of us had any extra fuel, so when we finally made it to the pass, we couldn't enjoy it. But the trail in was great, only a couple bumps near the end.

And to top off what could have been a great day, my trailer also got a flat tire and so we had to find a compressor and keep pumping the tire up on the way out, untill we could get to Golden and phone Tirecraft, who came out at 8o'clock and night and replaced it for me. Big Thanks to Tirecraft in Golden, or it would have been an overnight trip.

So all in all, only hit one rock. No damage done. About 1 ft of fresh on somewhat of a beginning of a base, which was about wasit deep.

I look forward to going there again, but this time witha full jerry can and a spare trailer tire!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Silent Pass Update

Summit X - It's a long haul into the pass isn't it, both vehicle and sled. Beautiful area to ride in though. Been there few times.
Sorry to hear about the flat tire. Hate to have a trip ruined buy such a thing.
Thanks for the update.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Re: Summitx Silent Pass

HI SUMMITX: I AGREE WITH THE "SENIOR MEMBER"(OLD GUY) SLEDBUNNY RACING..... WHEN SILENT PASS HAS GOOD SNOW, THE TOP PART OF THE TRAIL, WHERE IT STARTS TO SWITCHBACK AND THEN SHOOTS UP THROUGH THE TREES, WILL GET SO DEEP WITH SNOW, THE TRAIL IS LIKE DRIVING THROUGH A TUNNEL..... WHEN WE WERE THERE LAST TIME, THE TRAIL WAS ONLY WIDE ENOUGH THAT MY HANDLE BARS WOULD TOUCH EITHER SIDE OF THE BANKS YOU DROVE THROUGH, AND ABOUT 6 TO 8 FEET DEEP. QUITE THE FEELING IF YOU'RE CLAUSTROPHOBIC.......:Cool9:

Last edited:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Senior Member-Silent Pass

summitric...I'm ok with being a senior...are you????

Here is a shot of summitric (I'm sure he's stuck on flat land) in Silent Pass. It'a a beautiful area to ride.

Click Here -->

Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
summitric...I'm ok with being a senior...are you????

Here is a shot of summitric (I'm sure he's stuck on flat land) in Silent Pass. It'a a beautiful area to ride.

Click Here -->

:nono: I'M NOT STUCK..... THAT WAS OUR GAS DROP, BUT MAN, WAS THAT A GREAT DAY, OR WHAT.........

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
People must be sledding!!

There must be alot of riding happening today and this weekend. The site seems to have less activity today. I may go out for a short ride tommorow (Sunday). It's a little cold but I'll have to pull out the heated full face.

Its nice to see people from as far as Ontario on here. And the Registered users is going up on a daily basis. No photo's to post!!

Maybie there will be more posting on Sunday night..

RON :Holidayslol:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well got out today with a bunch of polaris's,Blew the dust off the King Cat and froze my a$$ off.The boys seen my cat and said that they should have brought there tow rope.Well I guess I did allright cause one of those boys had to go and get a pickup too retrieve a POLARIS HA! HA! Was lots of fun but too damn cold.Snow is nice and deep in the hay fields by Legal! Looks like the weather is changing for the better for our trip too Mcbride next week!
Will try and post pics when we return!
catmando

:BSmeter:

Top Bottom