Who's Riding Locally on Sunday?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw your tracks. No there was a group of maybe 6 riders in there. The bonus was I found a little spot just on the east side of the course to play that I didn't know existed. I was in there for a bit and decided to head out as I didn't want to be associated with that group.

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw that same group. There was just me and my buddy no one else showed up to go ride. Gotta stay out of the golf course or the area will get shut down to sledding. I know the spot you are talking about but not sure if you can ride there. Lots of tracks

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Was a awsome day thanks to Bogger sending me in the right direction,ran into there group for a couple hours today and found some crazy deep snow in some of the honey holes,got a nice sunburn and found some new places to ride.No damage baby..........likely the end of local riding for me.......now my next trip to the big hills is in the works.
catmando!

Attachments

• IMG_0515.jpg
    IMG_0515.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0507.jpg
    IMG_0507.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0513.jpg
    IMG_0513.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 81

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Tom ,we missed ya buddy LOL!Here are a couple more!
catmando!

Attachments

• IMG_0534.jpg
    IMG_0534.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0533.jpg
    IMG_0533.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0516.jpg
    IMG_0516.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 89

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headed out of Onoway at 10:30 and went up 43 and 33 to Rich Valley. Did not see any other sleds or fresh tracks. Turned around at the Agri-plex and started back home. About halfway to Gunn I found a nice little dip in the snow and blasted into about 5 feet of powder. Big bang from under the sled and no more drive. I split the drivers and blew out the left side driveshaft bearing. Of course I don't know this at first and think I have just derailed the track. After about half an hour I get it lined back up only using the factory supplied tools. Why take tools or a shovel ????? It's only a ditch ride, right? I go about 300 yards and the track is of again. No cell phone. But I have my SPOT with me and the wife is there in no time at all. So I guess I turned into the guy that nobody wants to ride with, the guy that breaks down. LOL. It still was a nice day for a ride.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And one last one,stay off the ponds guys,I did about a 50 yard dash today counting on the biug Red Dog to float! LOL
catmando!

Attachments

• IMG_0540.jpg
    IMG_0540.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 82

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Chitty....sorry to hear that.

We were late getting out, often like hearding cats around here. Even after we left here it took us almost 3 hours to get to the 43/33 intersection... Too many fields with way too much snow to just pass by...

Rode with Catman for a bit and headed for home @ 4:30...

Awesome day, I hurt like a mofo... burned up an entire 16G memory card in the drift, Big thanks to Plio, JBR Catman and the gang for a fantabulous day..

I'll still get monday night, thursday night, friday day and as much as the conditions will allow after that of local riding...still areas of 4-5 feet hiding out there...

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I seen ya ..................haha..............thought I reconized that sled LOL!
catmando!!
Sorry to hear about the damage that sucks!

Last edited:

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Supposed to go up north on April 6. I will check out the damage tomorrow. If the track is OK, I will have to scramble to get it back on the snow. If not, then out comes the Harley.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I hope you guys were not the ones ripping through the golf course today???

I saw all the tracks on the golf course on my way back to the house around 5pm.....stupid retards.... I was out with 7 others today and we went north to Lily Lake and over to the Opal natural area and back to Gibbons.... lots of powder up there but its amazing how the sun bakes it..... I would say the depth decreased by 6 inches just since Friday.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Made our trip south and around the stanger hill staging area, got home and refuels and made another rounder upto thunder lake and back. A good solid 177km day, snow is aewesome, can't wait for the three day weekend coming up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's will be snow still you figure. Should be home late Thursday night.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
There will still be snow, especially up in the NW. The ditches may be fubared by friday but the trails and any sheltered/protected areas will be good...

I'll echo Catmans concerns, careful of water, I dropped my track 2' into a slew, I'm sure it was run-off over top of the ice but depending on the shed area those potholes can be DEEP... and it's gonna get worse. This will be a spectacular water skipping weekend.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Chitty....sorry to hear that.

We were late getting out, often like hearding cats around here. Even after we left here it took us almost 3 hours to get to the 43/33 intersection... Too many fields with way too much snow to just pass by...

Rode with Catman for a bit and headed for home @ 4:30...

Awesome day, I hurt like a mofo... burned up an entire 16G memory card in the drift, Big thanks to Plio, JBR Catman and the gang for a fantabulous day..

I'll still get monday night, thursday night, friday day and as much as the conditions will allow after that of local riding...still areas of 4-5 feet hiding out there...

trail meeting tonight, you riding to it?

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's will be snow still you figure. Should be home late Thursday night.

I better get your intercooler off tonight and get it to Terry wed when I go to town then, have it ready for friday am

Top Bottom