Who's pipes?

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So they would be good for the high rpm range but nothin else eh?
hmmmmmmmmm any body need some race pipes!! lol

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So they would be good for the high rpm range but nothin else eh?
hmmmmmmmmm any body need some race pipes!! lol

Exactly. I would think they will be a high reving pipe, with a very narrow powerband; most likely sacrificing torque for horsepower. I would guess those pipes would be badly outperformed in the mountains by the stock pipe.:(

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Ill take them to Milan this week and see if he can do anything if not Ill sell them or go lake racing........next year ha,,,,,ha.

Canadian Country Cabins

Reaction score
Website
www.canadiancountrycabins.com
They look like aaens or even Reichards if so they make/made 2 types of pipe Trail blasters and mod blasters There is no difference in performance gain between the two only sound and rpm range ,the trails work to about 8700 and the mods 10500 rpm {yam}
There will be jetting to do period, if you dont it was running way fat and it was a stroke of luck, while you where at it you might want to stick some boysens reeds in it and some mild port polishing.......well your gonna be re jetting anyways and its not much more work;).
Also if you have mod blasters running at those revs you will need a CDI unit change and maybe other'safety measures' to get full benefit.
Rule of thumb test, stick some wire in the stinger end if you have baffles there trails, no baffles mods.
Pipes go for $200/$300 a pair on ebay regularly a new set of aaens can cost you $600++++

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion here but first and formost this is a ROTARY valve engine so reeds arent goin to help much. And secondley if it were my sled I'd be lookin at a WELL KNOWN set of pipes that ppl use in everyday life. It could be awfully tough trying to setup and or making those pipes work for your sled, not that it cant be done, but sometimes the PAIN isnt worth the GAIN so too speak. What you may spend on modifying the pipes and then trying to tune your engine with NO starting point could get very COSTLY.

Just my two cents;)

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd be lookin at a WELL KNOWN set of pipes that ppl use in everyday life. It could be awfully tough trying to setup and or making those pipes work for your sled, not that it cant be done, but sometimes the PAIN isnt worth the GAIN so too speak. What you may spend on modifying the pipes and then trying to tune your engine with NO starting point could get very COSTLY.

Just my two cents;)

I couldn't agree with you more. I played this game with my MXZ 136" mod. Open mod 670 snocross engine/Jaws mod pipes. Everyone wanted to ride it on the trail on the way up and down; in the steep and deep......not so much. I just couldn't seem to get it clutched properly to keep it in it's very narrow powerband in the powder. You'll be much happier following Deano670's advice on this one.:trustme:

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys ill most likely follow this advice. I still would like to find out whos pipes they are and for what application so I can sell them with confidence. know what Im sayin? So what pipes would I get the most out of? Ive seen these Cpi twins good for 19hp and 8lbs torque for $510us.. any other good pipes anybody sellin some used pipes out there???

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Cpi's Are Awesome And Very Reasonably Priced, Very Liteweight, And Sound Great.... I Have Them On My '99 670x Summit Mod. Very Easy To Set-up The Jetting As They Had The Same Sled For Many Years With This Set-up And Very Easy To Tune, With Their Instructions. I Once Played The Pipe Games And Bought A Set Of Aaen's Pipe For My 600 Mountain Max, And Just Couldn't Get Them To Run Quite Right, And They Too Were More Of A Lake Racer Type Pipe, And Only High Rpm Power, So They Were Kinda Trouble In The Mountains In The Steep And Deep. Worked Good For The Racing We Did, But That Was It!!!!

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like a jaws or a crank shop pipe, slp also makes a good pipe. However I myself would chat with our local guy Neil at NPP and see what he has to say. I here he makes a pretty good pipe aswell it would be supporting a small local shop.:D
My two cents

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks mandeano! got a number for him and what part of the city is he in?
also gotta 97 mxz im gonna stretch this summer hehehehe, like a pig in shite!!

SAVAGE420

Reaction score
Website
www.bansheehq.com
Gimme a shovel cause im diggin this thread up.;)
I will throw in my 2 cents here. I had gagna pipes on my old 98 670x and they look very similar to those BUT the stingers on mine were mabey 6" long and VERY VERY loud and killer sounding and being born and raised in revy, thats all i rode around here was the steep and deep daily and they performed excellent....lil bit of jetting and clutching as usually though.

They kinda looked like hand made out of frame drag pipes for my banshee...man did i ever love those pipes, i tryed jaws and cpi's on that motor but always put the gagna back on......funny sometimes i would pull up to the cabins or what not back then and everyone would be covering there ears (hehe) most people would ask "WTF do you have under the hood of that c-sucker...Jesus christ" they would say ...LOLx10.....the ported 785 stroker probably didn't help the loudness situation ether,but i loved them. I do say though, they leaned more toward the mid-top end of pipes though...but hell, i was always rippin hard on that old girl.
NASTY NASTY sounding pipes for sure, sounded like the motor was REALLY pissed off big time......i loved the 670's back then....i miss that old sled of mine....MY :twocents: :skidoo:

hammer396

Reaction score
those are reichards pipes i think. I had a set of those on a 93 t-cat. they could be aean pipes but they usually had the name stamped on them.

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They look a lot like the old PSI pipes from my Ultra. Crazy Horsepower gains, but unreliable. Ear plugs is right!!!!

CHEERS!!!!
:cool::beer::beer::cool:

maluchm

Reaction score
I'd guess Decker or Aaen side exit pipes but you can usually find a portion of the name stamped in the sections somewhere. :hmm:

Those are most likely improver pipes or even higher revs so you're looking at 9600 to 10200 RPM probably. Cut a couple holes in the side of the belly pan then put her on the dyno to find the sweet spot.

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you meen unreliable??? Fall apart?

No, it was just IMPOSSIBLE to keep the S.O.B. running consistent!!..:(
Needed to carry 10 jet sizes, in case the weather changed 4 degrees, or the moon and sun didn't align just right...LOL

Never looked back on the modded chit, after rolling over 4650km this weekend!! Still on original belt!....;).....hurray for 4 stroke.

Just wish it was lighter for boon docking on the slopes!!!

CHEERS!!!!
:cool::beer::beer::cool:

Top Bottom