Who's pipes?

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was hoping someone could identify this set of pipes. I know its a shot in the dark but what the heck! I was told they are Jaws, but there is now logo on them, they are not Jaws pipes. any ideas...

thanks for looking.

Attachments

• pipes.jpg
    pipes.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 523

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They look like older SLP,s to me.
catmando!

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like Gagne's work to me, got any pics of the stingers????;)

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are some more pics the guy told me he was racing with them and had the stingers out the side????

Attachments

• PIC_0416.jpg
    PIC_0416.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 186
  • PIC_0415.jpg
    PIC_0415.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 185
  • PIC_0418.jpg
    PIC_0418.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 198

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well they are not SLP's,Damned if ever seen anything like that.
They look like trouble from the get go!
catmando!

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe, lets see what the shop guys have to say, and you would have to play around with jetting i think.

Im prepared to do that already running 390/400 right now Ill pick up a kit this week and i will jet down, we are back in Vale in a couple weeks and Ill tweak it there.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion but i think your asking for trouble by changing the physics of those pipes!! If he was using them as a RACE pipe only they are designed for one purpose and its not trail or mountain riding. Granted yes it could be done, with some time and a thick bill fold.

Just my two cents

poppajon

Reaction score
As the other fella noted they are either old Aaen pipes or custom Dekker pipes??? Not sure on the spelling for Dekker??? Stingers could be made for any pipe, especially for race-drag applications, have fun with them. Two words....EAR PLUGS...

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What makes them so noisy? I m pictureing some sort of baffeling inside, based on their performance being similiar to sound waves, what makes a pipe perform yet stay relatively quiet?
Thanks for the feedback guys
peace

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
IF YOUR'E STILL CONSIDERING CUTTING UP THE PIPES, THEN I WOULD RECOMEND GETTING IN CONTACT WITH A PIPE BUILDER, AS THERE IS A TRUE SCIENCE IN THE DESIGN OF PIPES AND WHAT THEY ARE MEANT TO DOO.... TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH, THOSE PIPES LOOK LIKE "LAKE RACER" PIPES, AND I WOULDN'T BE PUTTING THEM ON A MOUNTAIN SLED. IF YOU WISH TO GET SOME ADVISE FROM AN OLDSCHOOL PIPE BUILDER, CONTACT MILAN RACING(MILAN SHOCHOR) AT 457-7541 OR C: 405-0494. HE HAS A SMALL SHOP IN EDMONTON NORTHSIDE, AND WE'VE BEEN TO HIS SHOP. HE SPECIALIZES IN 2 STROKE MOTORBIKE AND SLED PIPES. QUITE THE CHARACTER, AND HE HAS LOTS OF PROJECTS ON THE GO. HE COULD CUSTOM MODITY THOSE PIPES TO DOO WHAT YOU WOULD BE USING THEM FOR...........

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I have a set of black magic pipes that look alot like those. The only thing is someone has welded them and made a few changes. I would be leary of using them as they may not be set up for your machine.

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fair enough, thanks for the feed back guys. Ill still run the pipes but with great caution and a handful of jets. where is the best place to mount a egt probe? Ive heard about 18cm from the exhaust flanges is this correct? The sh#tty thing is the pipes are in good shape and should be good for some sled just a matter of figuring it out. Ive also talked with Milan (MilanRacing) and he is willing to take a closer look at them he said from what he can tell they are not his. So trial and error is they way to go, just gotta steer clear of the error part!!
milan 457 7531

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd guess Gagne pipes as well. We had 3 improved stock, 660' snow drag engines built by Ski Doo for a dealer I used to race with in Thompson MB. My MXZ 670 and the 800 Mach Z ran Jaws race pipes, and the 600 Formula III ran Gagne race pipes. The FIII pipes looked very similar to yours. Good luck.:cool:

Top Bottom