Who's going the the edmonton rally

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
The more people that show the better . My family and friends are going .

Lets be a little more specific..... the Edmonton Save Public Access Rally @ The Alberta Legislature Grounds...... anyone that is able to attend should. Let's show the government we are not going to take the closure of public access to crown land sitting down!

This is to be a peaceful rally, with some excellent speakers lined up.

EDM_RALLY_V2.JPG

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I plan on going but I don't believe the NDP cares what Albertans think they have their own agenda and they will push it through no matter what and will not stop till we vote them out next election. I just hope there is still somewhere to camp and ride by the time we can get rid of them. But will go anyway a least it is doing something to try and stop this.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I plan on going but I don't believe the NDP cares what Albertans think they have their own agenda and they will push it through no matter what and will not stop till we vote them out next election. I just hope there is still somewhere to camp and ride by the time we can get rid of them. But will go anyway a least it is doing something to try and stop this.

I look at it this way......... "if you don't vote you don't have a right to complain"......... "if you don't make an attempt to do something, you can't complain when its gone"

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I look at it this way......... "if you don't vote you don't have a right to complain"......... "if you don't make an attempt to do something, you can't complain when its gone"

i agree, if we do nothing it will be gone! for a long time. this is an issue you just can't sit on the fence about. attend the rallies, the numbers of attendees count, send the letters in, call their office! why let some American eco group dictate what we can do in our own country!

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You make a good point and Notely has even publicly stated that she doesn't really care if Alberta opposes. She says she knows it will upset many Albertans, but she has a firm belief in this initiative and does not intend to back down regardless of public opinion.

However, this battle didn't start with the NDP and certainly won't finish there (even if they were gone tomorrow). We need to demonstrate our numbers and $$$. We need to be seen and heard by the general public. Environmental groups have had the ear of the general public forever and have been telling them that we're compromising the possibility for a future with clean drinking water. How will the general public ever know that's not true unless we stand up and tell them?

Last edited:

HOTLAP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I myself have to work every saturday and lots of others do too, if something like this is going to be organized on a weekend it should be held on a Sunday.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I myself have to work every saturday and lots of others do too, if something like this is going to be organized on a weekend it should be held on a Sunday.

and there are lots of people that argue they have other commitments every Sunday..... it is impossible to appeal to everyone.......

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can't make the rally then send in the forms, letters , post cards etc. I'm afraid a wait and see attitude not going to work

I plan to be there,

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be there, and brother Troy with the Big Horn Group won't be able too attend due too business obligations.

The President and Troy both attended the Crows Nest Pass Rally and they have contributed alot of their time as well.

I've put out the rally cry on 3 other Web forums that hopefully will bring a few out.

Bring it on as voice is needed from all of us.

Don

Top Bottom