Who's Buying..?

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am really considering the Pro Climb 800,but without a test ride i dunno if it is a good idea.....Can't wait to see it in person,i liked the XP forward it might be a touch too far but i think Cat has it in the right spot..My concern is about those huge A-arms sticking out....If i don't go that way gonna get an 011 Cat can't go wrong with them.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a arms will be sticking out on all new models. i agree though for tree bashing having the tub hit and rub instead of the steering components, but that is a long way back for those sleds.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am really considering the Pro Climb 800,but without a test ride i dunno if it is a good idea.....Can't wait to see it in person,i liked the XP forward it might be a touch too far but i think Cat has it in the right spot..My concern is about those huge A-arms sticking out....If i don't go that way gonna get an 011 Cat can't go wrong with them.

just returned from nashville, talked to the test guys...they say it works...they have been running it for 3 yrs in testing, they are confident with it.... he also explained the 30% angle on the a-arms sucks up the bumps
phenomenally.... i agree about the 2011 as i bought one my self!! but im thinking there will be a new proclimb in the garage beside it.

Terry

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, then. But I still need to get down to Bville and go for a ride with you and the guys in the shop. Any local rides planned?

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually like to wait till at least the second model year of any machine before I buy, but that M1100 Turbo makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside I think I may have to sell off a few toys and take a chance.

Braap

Reaction score
Just ordered my 2012 M8 pro-climb BLK from VMS Kelowna. I thought about buying the 1100 Turbo but I didn't because of the following. I'm currently riding a 2010 m8 snow pro with a Boondocker turbo pump gas kit. Iv'e got 2000 miles on it and it runs like a dream at 220hp, in the past I've owned a turbo Vector and turbo Apex. Both sleds went great but sucked boondocking not just because of the weight but how a four stroke performs compared to a two stroke. With a two stroke one can lay on and off the throttle when in the trees and keep the momentum rolling, with the four stroke when you lay off the throttle the sled acts like a boat anchor and completely stops. Its going to cost you $3000 more for the 1100 turbo, your going to have to purchase the 162 in-order to keep flotation. 177 hp is also not going to cut it for the weight. So now your going to have to chip, clutch and exhaust it to get 240 hp, the cost will run you $1500. So the total investment to get the 1100 turbo to work decently will be $3000 + $1,500 = $4,500. To Turbo a M8 with a Boondocker pump gas kit it will cost $6,500 or $2,000 more. You will have a reliable, 220hp sled that only weighs 450lbs instead of 550lbs. If your going to keep the 1100 turbo stock why bother even buying one, the stock m8 is a better sled and will lay the whoop ass all day and you won't get tired.

Note: I live in BC and only mountain ride, if I was from the prairies it might be different, you might want a high km engine and weight is not an issue.

Just my thoughts,

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just ordered my 2012 M8 pro-climb BLK from VMS Kelowna. I thought about buying the 1100 Turbo but I didn't because of the following. I'm currently riding a 2010 m8 snow pro with a Boondocker turbo pump gas kit. Iv'e got 2000 miles on it and it runs like a dream at 220hp, in the past I've owned a turbo Vector and turbo Apex. Both sleds went great but sucked boondocking not just because of the weight but how a four stroke performs compared to a two stroke. With a two stroke one can lay on and off the throttle when in the trees and keep the momentum rolling, with the four stroke when you lay off the throttle the sled acts like a boat anchor and completely stops. Its going to cost you $3000 more for the 1100 turbo, your going to have to purchase the 162 in-order to keep flotation. 177 hp is also not going to cut it for the weight. So now your going to have to chip, clutch and exhaust it to get 240 hp, the cost will run you $1500. So the total investment to get the 1100 turbo to work decently will be $3000 + $1,500 = $4,500. To Turbo a M8 with a Boondocker pump gas kit it will cost $6,500 or $2,000 more. You will have a reliable, 220hp sled that only weighs 450lbs instead of 550lbs. If your going to keep the 1100 turbo stock why bother even buying one, the stock m8 is a better sled and will lay the whoop ass all day and you won't get tired.

Note: I live in BC and only mountain ride, if I was from the prairies it might be different, you might want a high km engine and weight is not an issue.

Just my thoughts,

Just when I almost had my mind made up you had to go bring up a bunch of good points.....:rant:

Braap

Reaction score
It was really hard for me also to make a decision, but with a little reseach it started making sence, I think I will always ride a two stroke until the weight gets down to 450lbs on the four strokes, the only problem is by that time the two strokes will be 350lbs. At the end of the riding season my body feels alot better not throughing that extra 100lbs around for 40-50 rides I do in a year. I also ride enduro cross, very few people ride four strokes anymore, too heavy, to much rotating mass, wears you out, 250's and 300's two strokes seem to be the choice that was once dominated by four strokes.

Last edited:

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was really hard for me also to make a decision, but with a little reseach it started making sence, I think I will always ride a two stroke until the weight gets down to 450lbs on the four strokes, the only problem is by that time the two strokes will be 350lbs. At the end of the riding season my body feels alot better not throughing that extra 100lbs around for 40-50 rides I do in a year. I also ride enduro cross, very few people ride four strokes anymore, too heavy, to much rotating mass, wears you out, 250's and 300's two strokes seem to be the choice that was once dominated by four strokes.

i agree to a point. i have a 2008 apex mountain and when i jump on the 2011 m8 that is easy 100 lbs lighter i feel stronger and younger lol...and my body hurts alot less at the end of the day...of course the wife started hauling me to the gym three times a week and that also helps...which leads me to believe we can all ride a light weight sled but that extra-unrotating mass we carry around our waists....lol.....but this is not your case as i know from riding motocross "quite a few" years ago that it will whip you into shape or kill ya...

Cat has knocked 60LBs off the z1 turbo chassis from 2011 - 2012 thats a huge accomplishment.... I will be riding one next season and i can assure there will be some lighter ones out there but i like the idea of keeping a bit of strenght with the big torque so im willing to accept the fact that i may not ride the lightest sled but ride and reliablility...mean something....plus i am not gonna lie the ability to make that white monster spit our 290 hp ....is eating away at me and i dont have it yet......heaven help me....lol

we all pick a sled that suits us best and our riding style... thats key... plus make sure you think ahead what will i want in a yr...do i have to upgrade again? or is this enough...(HA HA) ....i try to justify to myself atleast why i need the biggest... and i quote "pipes aka RON" if i get the big one i can just leave it stock......lol.... who are we kidding we are men....the only thing that stays stock is the one in the show room....lol....

ackid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im sold just have to get it past the wife on a new m1100 50th snow pro. bought a tread mill to run off the extra rotating mass around the mid section...lol... should make up the difference for the extra weight of the four stroke. and as far as the wide ski stance im not to sure what all the worry is about? throw a hijacker on the thing and the skis wont even bo on the ground! hey terry how long have you owened the dealership? know a guy that used to wrench up at t&t. he talked about the shop all the time. Monty Miller. did he work fot you?

hurtinalbertin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm keeping my M1000 (awsome sled, 2100 miles and only replaced steering arm, great back up sled), but ordering the orange M8 snopro, thought about the turbo but like boondocking to much and the wieght scares me(might change my mind once I hear weights, if it's lite enough). I am a little disapointed that you can't get the white or anniversary editions in the M8's.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im sold just have to get it past the wife on a new m1100 50th snow pro. bought a tread mill to run off the extra rotating mass around the mid section...lol... should make up the difference for the extra weight of the four stroke. and as far as the wide ski stance im not to sure what all the worry is about? throw a hijacker on the thing and the skis wont even bo on the ground! hey terry how long have you owened the dealership? know a guy that used to wrench up at t&t. he talked about the shop all the time. Monty Miller. did he work fot you?

yep i know monty i started T&T so i guess it was from the begining..lol how is he doing..he was a great guy and good friend...

imo when the 2012 cats hit the snow the guessing will be over and the smiles will be abundant... with the fourstrokes i believe that cat hit all the concerns on the mark and dealt with them - from what i could see anyway... i am anxious to get to ride them... i do have a bit of experience on sleds...fourstrok and two stroke.... lol

Last edited:

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm keeping my M1000 (awsome sled, 2100 miles and only replaced steering arm, great back up sled), but ordering the orange M8 snopro, thought about the turbo but like boondocking to much and the wieght scares me(might change my mind once I hear weights, if it's lite enough). I am a little disapointed that you can't get the white or anniversary editions in the M8's.

but you can!!! elite dealers got to order a maximum of 5 they are truely ltd. builds i have sold two already once there gone thats it...so- the 1st 5 to throw down the 500 gets a truely ltd sled....

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[/I][/B]

but you can!!! elite dealers got to order a maximum of 5 they are truely ltd. builds i have sold two already once there gone thats it...so- the 1st 5 to throw down the 500 gets a truely ltd sled....

I just hucked $500 on the ground... Delivery date?

ackid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Monty is doing good. he got his heavy duty mechanic ticket and works for a pipeline company. has two kids now. one girl that must be 15 ish and a boy that must be 13 ish. have not seen him for a few months if i see him i will tell him you say hi. he might be in the market for a new sled. lol all he ever talked about was a zrt 800 he had back home that used to blow the doors off everything on the lake! im sure that 1100 turbo wuold be right up his alley.

John Boy

Reaction score
I just order 2 , a Proclimb M 1100T Sno Pro 50th and a Procross XF800 Sno Pro High Country for the wife.

Thanks Terry

Top Bottom