Who pays cash for sleds and toys and who finances??

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering this as i have always saved and bought when i have enough to purchase a toy. Can't see paying interest on a want rather than a need unless it is something that i can us for work and get paid for.
:confused:

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sign me up as a cash buyer as well.

If I can't/won't let go of the cash, I obviously don't want it that bad.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm with you. Paying interest on something that depreciates makes me angry. If I cant afford it, I don't really need it that much.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I financed, I would have new everything every year. Until it caught up with me at least! Only payment I have is the house. Got a couple new sleds coming in the fall, then its time to start saving for a new pickup....

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cash always. The first two quads I bought In early 90s I financed. They were worth half what I paid in two years but I owed almost what I originally borrowed. . I did pick up a new victory vision last year for $5000 off retail and do not pay for one year. Oops That just reminded me I need to pay that by September lol.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With some of the low interest rates out there today 3-3.5% and you are paying cash.:confused: You guys seriously need to find a new investment banker cause you are losing your A$$. Just sayin. :cool:
I agree if your cash is invested and making better percentage.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I won't buy a toy without it being cash.
Got an 07 Kodiak 450 new back when I was 17. Dad paid for it cash and gave him 5000 cash and payed the rest + 5% interest over 6 months.
The next year 08 I decided I'd prefer a 07 yfz 450 so my dad bought it in exchange for the Kodiak.
Bought my 2011 summit x cash and won't buy another till I have cash to do so.

Top Bottom