Who makes the better sled deck.... Cross trax or x deck??

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm buying a new sled deck for my truck on wensday here coming up. Are the cross trax a good deck for sleds? I like the price and they fact that they are locally built here in Alberta. Are the "x decks" any good there the same price but seem to have alot more options on them but dont if there built well? Any input would be good. Oh and it's going in one ton long boxThanks

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have the extra coin Marathon is the best deck out there and is locally built as well.

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There like double the price though. I'm getting a really good deal on this cross trax deck because it's been in the show room for awhile allready.

Toeknee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Recently bought an X deck and very impressed I had a half a lift of lumber on it right in the middle and normally the deck is a perfect fit when closing the tail gate and with the lumber on it the deck never flexed at all. The ramp is a bit heavier but very strong and it has double angle for easier loading. I shopped around Edmonton and most places around the 2200 to 2400 but found an add on KIJIJI for a dealer out of Lloydminister for 1699.00 well worth the drive. One thing to note though if you drive a 2011 dodge 2500 or 3500 make sure you measure them because the first one we tried did not fit by 1/2 inch, measured several more and found one that worked.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cross Trax. Their product is great and Goodngrubby on here is a dealer. From many years of experience I can tell you that he is 100%, a standup, down to earth nice guy. You will get great, honest, no-bullchit service... and maybe even a beer and a good BS session if you have the time. Doesn't get better than that.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cross Trax. Their product is great and Goodngrubby on here is a dealer. From many years of experience I can tell you that he is 100%, a standup, down to earth nice guy. You will get great, honest, no-bullchit service... and maybe even a beer and a good BS session if you have the time. Doesn't get better than that.

Hey!! Who are you, and what did you do with Richelle?;)

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Ya I would have to x2 with Momma ..... GnG is a good guy and the deck is great. Although mine has some interesting drawings on the underside ...... those guys are quite the artists. lol

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey!! Who are you, and what did you do with Richelle?;)

Living in BC has "mellowed" me, I guess. I think its all their fresh air and 'grass' :cool: but it makes me wanna be nicer, for now...

Miss you and Pammy and the girls and the campouts tho :(

mighty1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Xdeck Its not bad, but it cracking everywhere on it and the ramp, and its not even a year old yet. Deck is easy to put in and out by yourself when the ramp isn't in it. The ramp is very hard to push in and pull out if the deck is not sitting just right because they use standard bolts not carrage head bolts.

Med1ogre

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I too have the X deck, No cracking yet. I use it pretty much biweekly with 2 sport quads. The ramp sucks to use as far as pulling it out and putting it back, so i modified the C channel where it stows.
I cut approx 6" off the C channel so i could fulcrum the ramp off the tail gate up into the deck and lined the channel about a 1/3 of the way with 1/8' Teflon. Work like a dream now.
Crosstrax i would assume makes a better deck, i just bought what i could afford at the time.

Last edited:

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a x-deck this spring and I'm very happy with it. I pack a quad everyday for work in the oilfield in northern AB and it has not let me down. I"ve had two marathon before and I've had to weld both of them. The ramp was an issue but I put teflon on the rail of the deck and now it works like a dream. I purchased mine from Cooper in edmonton because they threw in a trip to Vegas. The slides are on teflon and slide with ease. It's a very well built deck.

600twin

Reaction score
crosstrax for sure, we run 800's on them, rzr800's side way's on them, we have two of them, know problem at all the last two yrs, for endurance and price there is no question.

hurtinalbertin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have to say X-Deck, they are built strong. the ramps can be a pain but if you replace bolts with carrage bolts problem solved. I've sold close to 30 in the Grande Prairie area and no issues at all. I've had some customers freinds with other makes come and buy just the ramps because of how nice it is to load up on them.

Top Bottom