Sled deck help

brad6

Reaction score
Hi all, considering purchasing a non current model 7' Marlon sled deck. What's the thoughts on marlon? Its powder coated white, with super glides on the deck and ramp, comes with 2 super clamps for $2695 +taxes. Does this seem like a good price for what i would be getting? It seemed to be built decent, was gonna look at an X deck aswell. Also saw a black bull dog for sale on kijiji locally for $2500. Which would be my best option, haven't looked at decks a whole bunch. Kinda leaning to white deck, cuz it woud look good my white Dmax...Would be hauling a m8 153 on 7ft deck be ok. It will hang off quite abit...maybe need an extension??or not....?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Price seems pretty reasonable with all the extras. I would say the bulldog is a better built deck though. You may or may not need an extension with a 153. I'm not sure if marlon makes one but bulldog does.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Started off with an x deck, not a bad choice for the price. Similar pricing. If you not in a hurry look around online for a truck boss. I managed to snag one for $2600. Don't worry about extensions I carry 154" to 174" on my 7 foot deck

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would personally run an extension I tried without and there is only about 4 -5 paddles on a 7ft deck at least with an Xm easier to load. And rides better imo with The extension gives a better hold point for a rear super clamp as well

Dragon4x4

Reaction score
I got a 2016 Marlon xplore from Alberta cycle for 2600. I'm pretty happy with it so far. I've seen some pretty bad decks out there and guys still load em up lol. I built a 20" slip in extension for it as I got a 153 m8. I'm going to see how it works out and maybe next year I might buy that 2' extension they sell. I like em

devildogg

Reaction score
I have an older Marathon works well with my 162 M8, quality has been good, in regards to the price, not sure I have had mine for a while but it seems reasonable you look at new ones

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Price seems pretty reasonable with all the extras. I would say the bulldog is a better built deck though. You may or may not need an extension with a 153. I'm not sure if marlon makes one but bulldog does.

Just a FYI, Bulldog is no more unless something changed in the last year. Extensions are non existent.

You can fit a 153 on a 7' deck but it's touch and go IMO. I have a 154 on a 7' cross trax with the extension. I feel better with the extension out there as the rear skid really sagged and when opening/closing the tailgate it was a pain when the track was hanging down. I also like the fact I can pull the extension off when I'm not using the deck to put the truck in the garage.

Without the extension on this deck, I couldn't have used a rear set of superclamps - there just wasn't enough rail upfront to tie onto.

Price doesn't seem bad @ $2695. I'd wait until the sled show this weekend - I always see show specials there that might save you a few more bucks.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a FYI, Bulldog is no more unless something changed in the last year. Extensions are non existent.

You can fit a 153 on a 7' deck but it's touch and go IMO. I have a 154 on a 7' cross trax with the extension. I feel better with the extension out there as the rear skid really sagged and when opening/closing the tailgate it was a pain when the track was hanging down. I also like the fact I can pull the extension off when I'm not using the deck to put the truck in the garage.

Without the extension on this deck, I couldn't have used a rear set of superclamps - there just wasn't enough rail upfront to tie onto.

Price doesn't seem bad @ $2695. I'd wait until the sled show this weekend - I always see show specials there that might save you a few more bucks.
Bulldog got picked up by another manufacturer can't remember the name offhand

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

northof40

Reaction score
I run a 7' marathon, with a 153. It just comes in just under the legal overhang on my 3rd gen dodge. You would be fine on your dmax. Definitely can't use a rear superclamp, on a cat anyway without an extension.. I usually put a 2x4 block on edge under my track between the lugs before I strap the back down. helps keep the weight transferred forward and I don't get any sag. When the time comes to upgrade the old work horse im going back to an 8ft box and deck.

Last edited:

northof40

Reaction score
Do you happen to have a pic of this? I. Trying to picture it, but just can't get it.

Best I can do for a pic. Its hard to tell because its zoomed in. The block is actually trimmed to 3'' or 2.5 " depending on the track. With them in there I can suck the sled down good and tight without making the ass end of the sled sag.

Attachments

• block2.jpg
    block2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:

Dragon4x4

Reaction score
I'd put up a picture for you.. but this site likes to make sh*t complicated. Won't load the pictures from my cell...

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd put up a picture for you.. but this site likes to make sh*t complicated. Won't load the pictures from my cell...
Sites broken.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it ever gets fixed, will we ever get the continuing saga of the sled deck on 1/2 ton answered?
Think that's a chicken and egg saga Larry.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think that's a chicken and egg saga Larry.

You are right, Has become a ritual, sort of a fall coming of age!

How have ya been dale? Will have to get out on a sled ride

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are right, Has become a ritual, sort of a fall coming of age!

How have ya been dale? Will have to get out on a sled ride
You bet, don't forget shots tooooo.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If i have that many shots of tequila i will be lost in a snow drift

Top Bottom