Who is snowchecking this year?

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2014 m 800 162 black and red limited!Might be the only cat amidst the sea of poo and doo!!LOL!!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2014 summit 163 orange/black ordered with a set of stage 5 elka suspension. Should be a good season :d

orange/black? so thats the SP? I guess if you doing shocks the only other goodies are the bars correct?

congrats man you will love it... Im out till 2015 :(

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wife 2014 orange blk 154, im keeping my 163 blx x 2013 because no more hp for 14................

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
orange/black? so thats the SP? I guess if you doing shocks the only other goodies are the bars correct?

congrats man you will love it... Im out till 2015 :(

You are correct. For bars I run moto cross style over stockers. I like the extra width you get with me plus a little more rise is great too.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran into Snopro today.....XMX 163 BLK/BLK E/start. Thks for lunch:)

Goondocker97

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of people are going with the red on black this year and lots of people getting estart?? Is it difficult starting an etec? :confused:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly the 800 etec is pretty damn hard to start. After starting my 800 etec all year when I hop on a a buddy's Polaris 800 it feels like there is something wrong with the engine the Polaris is so easy to pull. The only thing that makes it decent to pull over is that it fires on the first downstroke so the rest of the pull gets easier. But forget to turn off the kill switch and you'll be reminded that that engine has a ton of compression. And at -25 it takes a serious effort to get it going.

That said, I have a pull start and if I was to get another I'd get a pull start.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of people are going with the red on black this year and lots of people getting estart?? Is it difficult starting an etec? :confused:

BRP is offering it as part of thier spring promotion, choose between e-start,4year warranty or rebate. I got the rebate..

Honestly the 800 etec is pretty damn hard to start. After starting my 800 etec all year when I hop on a a buddy's Polaris 800 it feels like there is something wrong with the engine the Polaris is so easy to pull. The only thing that makes it decent to pull over is that it fires on the first downstroke so the rest of the pull gets easier. But forget to turn off the kill switch and you'll be reminded that that engine has a ton of compression. And at -25 it takes a serious effort to get it going.

That said, I have a pull start and if I was to get another I'd get a pull start.

Really you find the etec hard to start? I find them super easy to start. Mind you where I ride it never gets too
-25 tho.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A NEW 2014 RMK PRO 800 (red one)with e-start is on order for me. My son is 13 and has a new 2013 600 RMK. but if he jumps on my new one at least it will be easy for him to start with the e-start. and with getting a bit older es will be a great option for us "older sledders"

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's interesting, it's usually only -5 to -10 where we ride but the first time I yanked on an XM I almost ripped the cord right out when it came to the end of the stroke lol. I am used to my 1000 and when it's not warmed up it's a solid two hand pull. The XM was a ton easier than that thing.

Goondocker97

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's interesting, it's usually only -5 to -10 where we ride but the first time I yanked on an XM I almost ripped the cord right out when it came to the end of the stroke lol. I am used to my 1000 and when it's not warmed up it's a solid two hand pull. The XM was a ton easier than that thing.
I can easily start my 12 etec sitting down even on the coldest of days it really is not that difficult!

Top Bottom