Who Is Riding Where for the Sept Long Weekend???

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were out West of Caroline down the Swan lake road to the LH5 road. Went to the old baseline look out tower from the south side and rode around corkscrew on Sunday and ran across rknight111 and his crew along the way. Came across a group that had a rollover the lady was hurt pretty bad on our way to baseline on Saturday Stars landed in the skeg just down the hill and airlifted her right from the bush. Then came across the big wreck at Phillis lake on our way out this after noon. Hope every one is alright.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
We went to the Bighorn. Had a great time. I have never seen it so busy there. Rode all 3 days, although today was only a quick trip on the large loop to show Snowdin more of the area.Did Crescent Falls yesterday and Joyce River on Saturday. great weather but the wind was a little strong in camp anyway. On saturday we did see a mountain goat above Kidd Creek.

WILDMIKE

Reaction score
"We went to the Bighorn. Had a great time. I have never seen it so busy there." .... "great weather but the wind was a little strong in camp anyway."

I was there too. Totally agree with ya on the busyness there!!! Never seen so many units pull in to one place in such a short time, and still fit them all! I was camping with my wife and a few friends just past the bridge on the way in. Was quite the parade to watch roll in till a little after 12 in the morning (Friday)!

Winds were very nuts, even in the trees the ol empties were being blown around! Had to go on can pickin' patrol! (Costs too much to leave em behind!)

Had a great time even so anyways! D7 is a fun trail, takes you a bit to ride through it, but makes ya feel decently tired out afterward,...and thirsty!

What were you riding on? I may have likely seen ya between dust storms!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
We were out West of Caroline down the Swan lake road to the LH5 road. Went to the old baseline look out tower from the south side and rode around corkscrew on Sunday and ran across rknight111 and his crew along the way. Came across a group that had a rollover the lady was hurt pretty bad on our way to baseline on Saturday Stars landed in the skeg just down the hill and airlifted her right from the bush. Then came across the big wreck at Phillis lake on our way out this after noon. Hope every one is alright.

It was good seeing you out there. Where we met your crew on that hill with the dirtbikes, all you would of had to do is get past that little bit of muskeg at the bottom and at the other end we found a real nice trail out of there. From there we headed up to the fire tower. Sometimes you just never know whats ahead though. :beer: :beer: :beer:

Shannon09

Reaction score
Went off the OJay road (South Grizzly) near Tumbler Ridge looking for the 'chimneys' that were part of some cabins (Indians?) - anyways a story my Father in Law has heard. He's never seen them. We got to a ridge and could see down to the Wapiti River where the meadow was and the area where they are but couldn't make our way through the bush. Tried going down Calliou Creek but ran into a water fall with no way around it. Very aggrivating - will have to go back another time and give it a go again. Great country out there!
Anyone out there ever heard of these chimney's?

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been there a few times story we were told was it was germans before the war...built this town to mine coal and when the war started they went home to fight and left everything!!!few bulding around but the chimney is the prevelant thing there for sure

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Family and freinds attended the Smith Rally we all got dressed for the rain as it was coming down pretty hard in Slave got out to smith and it was sunny and hot did the course twice it was pretty short but the kids had a great time finally finished the second tour and decided to strip of the chest waders and find some mud long story short three hours of presure washing to clean the quads but had a great time

VintageDOO

Reaction score
Hey Snowdin, I have the same pic's from the weekend. On saturday afternoon we were looking over the gorge and we watched a black bear chase a marmot. After he gave up we sat and watched him for about 5 minutes while my 11 year old got a little scared. Unfortunately we didn't have the camera with us that day. He came out of that small stand of poplar above that cave.

Top Bottom