Who in Canada Rebuilds and modifys Fox Float shocks????

css

Reaction score
I have some fox float 2 shocks from my 09 assault that i would like to have shortened and revalved so i can run them on the front of my M8. Is there anyone in Canada provides this service or do i have to send them to Carver Performance???? thanks

arcticrat

Reaction score
I had Nextech do the brandt rebuild on the rear shocks on a M8. awesome ride and came out of the deep snow better and way less trenching. Well worth it.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a fellow by Calgary rebuild and revalve a set of Fox floats, the whole sled, all four shocks from a sno pro Cat, cheaper than just the "Burant kit" alone!

Your correct when you wonder about shock repair and\or rebuilds in Western Canada. I talked to alot of dealers, most had the blank "deer in the headlights" stare and couldn't\wouldn't understand why\what I was trying to accomplish. I talked to alot of bike shops that didn't even want to help before I found this guy. Anybody that rides\races a dirtbike knows what I'm getting at!!! I've done my own shock work in the past, but at the time, I was working at a shop with access to nitrogen\regulator. I still could rebuild and recharge, but you need a huge selection of parts\shims if you'd like to make changes. Your talking about a substantial change, would it not be cheaper to sell the shocks you have and then upgrade to, say, the EVOL R? Also of note, most shock packages that all the factories put out there are lower qaulity than a decent aftermarket shock! Yes even comparing a "Cat" Fox Float, to the Fox aftermarket floats, you'll find piston\shim\body differences that can add up to significant change in how well they work.

PM me if you have more questions, I could hook you up with my guy.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
E&S Motorcycles does shock revalves, but I've not used them personally. Nexxtech has rebuilt / revalved fox floats for me, good service, fast turnaround.

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a fellow by Calgary rebuild and revalve a set of Fox floats, the whole sled, all four shocks from a sno pro Cat, cheaper than just the "Burant kit" alone!

Your correct when you wonder about shock repair and\or rebuilds in Western Canada. I talked to alot of dealers, most had the blank "deer in the headlights" stare and couldn't\wouldn't understand why\what I was trying to accomplish. I talked to alot of bike shops that didn't even want to help before I found this guy. Anybody that rides\races a dirtbike knows what I'm getting at!!! I've done my own shock work in the past, but at the time, I was working at a shop with access to nitrogen\regulator. I still could rebuild and recharge, but you need a huge selection of parts\shims if you'd like to make changes. Your talking about a substantial change, would it not be cheaper to sell the shocks you have and then upgrade to, say, the EVOL R? Also of note, most shock packages that all the factories put out there are lower qaulity than a decent aftermarket shock! Yes even comparing a "Cat" Fox Float, to the Fox aftermarket floats, you'll find piston\shim\body differences that can add up to significant change in how well they work.

PM me if you have more questions, I could hook you up with my guy.

PM'd you.

Top Bottom