Who has M1000 or M800 twisted turbo set up? Pro's and Cons

Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering who has a twisted set up on their sled, what they are running for fuel, how many # of boost, problems they've ran into, and what fuel control box they are running, and how easy or hard it was/is to tune?

Im in the process of Re-building a 2008 Turbo M1000 from scratch with SmokinDave and just want some feedback and what to look for or keep an eye on for this winter. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

TM1000
Twisted 3076 Turbo kit
Boost-It Control Box
Straight AvGas
Brand new Crate motor
Brand new nightfire bulkhead and tunnel
162x3" Track
Diamond Lite Diamond Drive
Mesh Hood - with white mesh accents added by my seamstress friend.
Suspension Ideas?
Colors - Im thinking white accent parts and white "Dying Breed" decals on the tunnel.

turbo.jpg

Last edited:

Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had some seat time on a twisted m8 last year. I did notice one thing that concerned me, seemed like my arms were longer when I got off the sled....... You're gonna love it lol.

LOL!!!! Love to hear it!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You say you are running straight av gas. how many lbs of boost are you planning on running? The more boost the more issues, but a TM1000 at 8-10 will probably be more than enough..... :D

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran my twisted m8 all season last year without any issues. With the attitude box I would have to make slight adjustments on the way up and back down the trail but other than that, the thing flat out hauls.

Only thing I would recommend is switching to a tunnel dump. I found that when there was a lot of pow, the exhaust would plug up with snow and choke it out.

Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You say you are running straight av gas. how many lbs of boost are you planning on running? The more boost the more issues, but a TM1000 at 8-10 will probably be more than enough..... :D

Planning on 8-10#. Wherever it runs the cleanest more consistently.

And it plugs up that bad hey Mclean? Im surprised it wouldnt just blow itself out, i could see that being real annoying though haha thanks fellas

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Planning on 8-10#. Wherever it runs the cleanest more consistently.

And it plugs up that bad hey Mclean? Im surprised it wouldnt just blow itself out, i could see that being real annoying though haha thanks fellas

just one huge powder days...other than that it wasn't a major issue but when the snow was deep it would bog. Linderman fixed that issue for me and I am picking it up tomorrow...even heard that got some snow down his way so I may even get to try er haha

Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just one huge powder days...other than that it wasn't a major issue but when the snow was deep it would bog. Linderman fixed that issue for me and I am picking it up tomorrow...even heard that got some snow down his way so I may even get to try er haha

Sweet Mclean! And yes the heads have been done Cnelson. As well as diamond lite diamond drive, tunnel/bulkhead brace, and 162"x3" Track.

Ride Whistler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran 8-9# on my 2011 Twisted M8 with Av gas. I never went higher than 10# but I'm curious what it would do at 18 ;) It's a great sled...and it's for sale

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good Josh! If Dave is building it, and its being fueled by BOOST-IT you shouldn't have to worry about to much. The only thing your going to have to worry about is trying to hold on to keep up to me. :)

Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good Josh! If Dave is building it, and its being fueled by BOOST-IT you shouldn't have to worry about to much. The only thing your going to have to worry about is trying to hold on to keep up to me. :)

Challenge Accepted!

Top Bottom