who else running m1000 with slp pipe kit at 2000 ft home

killerrf

Reaction score
i posted this on the snowest site but i thought i would try others as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello. i have a '09 m1000 153 sp which i have put the following mods on:

full slp exhaust system
cutler cold air intake
power commander 3 (with a racinstation map)
koso egts (standard probes)
bdx 55/65 gears

now... for clutching i just left in my cat 80 gram weights, a little softer yellow/green primary cat spring, straight 40 helix, shift assist and cat orange sec spring. now rpms seem to run at 7610-7670... maybe 7700 the odd time. but i dont see it in the 7700 for any amount of time. i checked my clutches and they are quite hot yet but i dont smell any belt or any black marks on clutches.

the egts as i seen from the short WOT blasts got to 1126 and both cylinders were within 5F of each other. im sure if i held it a quarter mile it would have warmed even more. im just running 87 octane gas with Lucas octane booster. so im feeling it out yet... get more comfortable seeing temps now... then i will have to check wash soon i guess.

so i was wondering what else seems to be working for you guys running a m1000 at similar elevation? also when you head out to the mountains or head up the mountains what kind of weight are you looking at running for say 6000-8000 ft?

im not sure if i should throw more weight at it or try a lighter spring to see if rpms change. as it runs right now... there is no bog or delay in throttle response anywhere. seems to run good. idles a little faster after stopping. but it doesnt back fire at all anymore. maybe a little leaner is better than the stock fat then back fire after shutting off or after starting back up.
but from what i remember it running last year it definitely has much more seat of the pants approval. seems to pull harder forsure when to lay into the throttle.
thanks

sleliuk1

Reaction score
i posted this on the snowest site but i thought i would try others as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello. i have a '09 m1000 153 sp which i have put the following mods on:

full slp exhaust system
cutler cold air intake
power commander 3 (with a racinstation map)
koso egts (standard probes)
bdx 55/65 gears

now... for clutching i just left in my cat 80 gram weights, a little softer yellow/green primary cat spring, straight 40 helix, shift assist and cat orange sec spring. now rpms seem to run at 7610-7670... maybe 7700 the odd time. but i dont see it in the 7700 for any amount of time. i checked my clutches and they are quite hot yet but i dont smell any belt or any black marks on clutches.

the egts as i seen from the short WOT blasts got to 1126 and both cylinders were within 5F of each other. im sure if i held it a quarter mile it would have warmed even more. im just running 87 octane gas with Lucas octane booster. so im feeling it out yet... get more comfortable seeing temps now... then i will have to check wash soon i guess.

so i was wondering what else seems to be working for you guys running a m1000 at similar elevation? also when you head out to the mountains or head up the mountains what kind of weight are you looking at running for say 6000-8000 ft?

im not sure if i should throw more weight at it or try a lighter spring to see if rpms change. as it runs right now... there is no bog or delay in throttle response anywhere. seems to run good. idles a little faster after stopping. but it doesnt back fire at all anymore. maybe a little leaner is better than the stock fat then back fire after shutting off or after starting back up.
but from what i remember it running last year it definitely has much more seat of the pants approval. seems to pull harder forsure when to lay into the throttle.
thanks

first mistake is running the octane boost. buy premium fuel or use regular fuel with some race fuel. Should be running higher weight in the primary, probably 82grams or so fo the flat land. Mountains i run 77grams, at home at about 3000ft i run 81.5grams. That gives me 7800rpm. Got an 08 M10 with SLP pipe kit, D&D firebreather intake, Vforce 3 reeds. I have the D&D orange primary spring, and on the secondary i have a 44-36 helix with stock spring, shift assist, and rock rollers. Ideal operating range for that motor is 7600-7800rpm. Rule of thumb is that 1 gram will be about an 100rpm change (up or down.) Hope this helps.

killerrf

Reaction score
first mistake is running the octane boost. buy premium fuel or use regular fuel with some race fuel. Should be running higher weight in the primary, probably 82grams or so fo the flat land. Mountains i run 77grams, at home at about 3000ft i run 81.5grams. That gives me 7800rpm. Got an 08 M10 with SLP pipe kit, D&D firebreather intake, Vforce 3 reeds. I have the D&D orange primary spring, and on the secondary i have a 44-36 helix with stock spring, shift assist, and rock rollers. Ideal operating range for that motor is 7600-7800rpm. Rule of thumb is that 1 gram will be about an 100rpm change (up or down.) Hope this helps.

well thanks for the reply.... i was wondering which belt are you using? the 046 belt?

sleliuk1

Reaction score
well thanks for the reply.... i was wondering which belt are you using? the 046 belt?

yeah no problam i hope that info will kind of help you, i know it took me a long time to get it good thats forsure. I used the 46 and i used the 60 belt, and honestly i really dont see a difference between them. I'm not sure what all the hype is about but trying either one worked great. What do you use for a belt?

killerrf

Reaction score
from what ive seen myself.... 046 did increase 150 to 200 rpm just from switching from the 060. i use the 060 belt right now....

i looked on d&d site and i see that orange primary has a finish of 305... the cat yellow/green im using has a finish of 267. but by the sounds of what you said have a little heavier spring finish with heavier weights might make it run harder.

there is a couple other fellows i ride with once in a while and one of the sleds is a 08 m1 and had dons speed parts do all the work. full d&d exh, firebreather intake, clutch kit, and boony. so i will have to see how it runs. the only difference is that he still has the 60/60 gears. will have to see how it all compares.

Top Bottom