Who carries a spare shovel on their tunnel?

Rust

Reaction score
If so, how do u tie it down? To a tunnel bag or is there a little rack of any sort that any of you use? It just a pain digging it out of my pack everytime! And yes i seem to be shoveling lots... hahahaha.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a snobunje first, never use my shovel. But thennn you need a place to attach your bunje, my friends wrap theirs around their bumper and hook it to where ever but it scuffs up your tunnel. Could get a polaris shovel tunnel bag and put it in there and your shovel.

But yah you can get bags that they strap to the top to and hold the handle. Polaris makes a shovel bag, ski-doo makes a skinny tunnel bag that does, mountain addiction does and sled solutions.

Last edited:

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 900 RMK had a rack just for the shovel. It was great. My Dragon has a tunnel bag with a shovel pocket. I keep the avy shovel in my backpack and the one on the sled for easy access when I need to dig my friends out. ;) There are aftermarket tunnel bags (not brand specific) with shovel pockets.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same as above, I have a tunnel bag that holds one shovel on the side along the top edge of my tunnel and one in my backpack.

Sent from my iPad

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome thanks guys! I was just gonna post this question.

Rust

Reaction score
Cool Thanks. May have to see whats at the snow show tomorrow. Ill still keep one in my pack, but its inside this one and then theres ice and snow in itm, on top of the inconvenience of it!

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SnowClaw

Seen the sno claw last year and was intensely impressed at how well it worked. For as little as I get stuck I will still be buying one of these. Light and efficient!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carry my good shovel on my pack and my cheap shovel on top of my mountain addiction bag

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why Shovel? Pull your sled over on its side, boot pack under the track and your good to go. About the only time I ever pull out my shovel is if someone finds a creek.

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always carry 2 shovels, good one with me and spare on tunnel in old pack with safety gear, ya its a bit of weight but I ditch it when playing in bowls rather that than not have spare stuff with me.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure my tunnel is straight enough to carry a shovel.

sorsy

Reaction score
I carry my good shovel in my avy pack and my spare shovel in the polaris tunnel bag that has the shovel pouch...I find it is too much of a pain in the A$$ when you get stuck or your buddy gets stuck to take you pack off to get your shovel out...and done do what I have seen some ppl do they buy some cheap pile of SH!T PLASTIC shovel and bungee strap it to the tunnel...if you were to ever get in a avy situation that plastic shovel is not going to do a damn thing...done be cheap and go purchase a good shovel!!

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our M8's with Powder Keg cases, and a sno bunjie...The cases have a spare shovel built into the lid, as well as a saw and a flint and emergency fire starter....
Oh and the fuel storage in the bottom section, comes off and you can just clip the case back on....

Best case we ever seen......as all you'll ever look for in a case, smoe models are smaller, but the large case fits the Arctic Cats....

Attachments

• IMGP6730C.jpg
    IMGP6730C.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 221

CRASH1000

Reaction score
I carry 2 also. Taking your avi pack off to get your shovel out when you are stuck on the side of a mountain does not seem like a good idea to me. Most bags have spots for them.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, i carry a spare on the tunnel, bunji corded down, a cheap one, and way easier to get out quickly,

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Handle goes through gas can with a rigid foam cut to match shovel then I bungie it down to the tunnel with clips I have pop riveted to tunnel. Use this as I do not like taking avy bag off to get shovel when stuk in chitty spots.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I carry one on my sled too, so much easier to get at than the back pack. I have the factory Polaris tunnel bag, and it works good.

Top Bottom