whitecourt wow!!!!!

nosmoke

Reaction score
I just got back from the holey winterland they call whitecourt. The snow was amazing, the cutlines are a about 4-5 feet deep. The only problem we had was the getting lost part.The ride was as close to the mountians as i have seen in a long time. there were even some hills guys were taking pulls on. The weather was great . I think we are going to foxcreek next weekend, there is said to be more snow that way.

djpred

Reaction score
That sounds awsome, where did you unload and ride from? Thanks!

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got back from the holey winterland they call whitecourt. The snow was amazing, the cutlines are a about 4-5 feet deep. The only problem we had was the getting lost part.The ride was as close to the mountians as i have seen in a long time. there were even some hills guys were taking pulls on. The weather was great . I think we are going to foxcreek next weekend, there is said to be more snow that way.

In just drove down from Grande Prairie yesterday. There is easily a foot more in the Fox Creek area.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You must have been lost if you found 4-5'.....:d:d:d. Nothing to see here folks, move along.......

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is lots of snow around virginia hills, ditches are piled up fairly high, once you get in to the bush, kinda amazing how much snow there is around there and how little we got around barrhead.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was also there over the week-end, un-loaded at Eagle River and headed up to the Swan Hills area. The snow in most places was easily "balls deep", and the trails were in unbelievable shape....well worth the $15 trail pass fee. Only problem we had was time, it sure flier when your having fun.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i just got back from the holey winterland they call whitecourt. The snow was amazing, the cutlines are a about 4-5 feet deep. The only problem we had was the getting lost part.the ride was as close to the mountians as i have seen in a long time. There were even some hills guys were taking pulls on. The weather was great . I think we are going to foxcreek next weekend, there is said to be more snow that way.

any pictures?????????

nosmoke

Reaction score
unloaded at the whitecourt staging area on the road to swan hills. The cutlines are definately getting pounded but there alot of cutlines that are not even touched.We rode at least 7 cuts are we were the only ones on them.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
unloaded at the whitecourt staging area on the road to swan hills. The cutlines are definately getting pounded but there alot of cutlines that are not even touched.We rode at least 7 cuts are we were the only ones on them.

You realize that without photographic proof of your eppic ride we can only dissmiss this as BS. Sorry. Next time take the time to pull out the camera and share with the rest of us. :d:beer:

winder

Reaction score
Never seen the 4 or 5 ft of snow, but the untouched is right.:]
We search out and destroy these lines, there is none left here so just stay away.Lol

Attachments

• sledding feb 21  09 005_1_1_1.jpg
    sledding feb 21 09 005_1_1_1.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 245

nosmoke

Reaction score
i tried to take some photos of my ride but my camera got so cold in my backpack the #$#$#%$ing thing wouldn't even turn on. No B.S about that day. heated riser bag is a must for the next ride.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you're talking about. :d:d.

LOL ... a couple pics from our last visit :) A good Dad and son trip! On those trails that Summiteer knows nothing about!

Attachments

• 2009_0214Whitecourt20090009.JPG
    2009_0214Whitecourt20090009.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 2009_0214Whitecourt20090014.JPG
    2009_0214Whitecourt20090014.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 2009_0214Whitecourt20090006.JPG
    2009_0214Whitecourt20090006.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 50

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got rained out in Valemount Monday so drove to Whitecourt....

Never been there so had a bit of trouble finding where to go, seems gas stations dont seem to know anything, the Esso was susposed to have trail passes and maps but they were out...finally ended up at IGA and the gal there said they were out .....talked to a guy on the trail and was told IGA had passes but no maps when he went....sorry but tried to buy them. Stopped at 5 different places and then gave up......

Drove towards Swan Hills, found a service road, parked and rode cut lines......

I belive in paying for the trails and would have even though we just rode on cut lines, but there needs to be a easier way...

We found some decent snow....average around 2 1/2 feet and in some places 3 1/2 for sure....

Attachments

• DSC08679 C.jpg
    DSC08679 C.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC08680 C.jpg
    DSC08680 C.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC08685 C.jpg
    DSC08685 C.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 131

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got rained out in Valemount Monday so drove to Whitecourt....

Never been there so had a bit of trouble finding where to go, seems gas stations dont seem to know anything, the Esso was susposed to have trail passes and maps but they were out...finally ended up at IGA and the gal there said they were out .....talked to a guy on the trail and was told IGA had passes but no maps when he went....sorry but tried to buy them. Stopped at 5 different places and then gave up......

Drove towards Swan Hills, found a service road, parked and rode cut lines......

I belive in paying for the trails and would have even though we just rode on cut lines, but there needs to be a easier way...

We found some decent snow....average around 2 1/2 feet and in some places 3 1/2 for sure....
Buy an ASA membership at home, good for the whole province all winter.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the snow in whitecourt is always good just go anywhere and it is there....

Top Bottom