Which way to go for intake

CRFSummit

Reaction score
heard that you could install an air horn from a 440snopro #1670-315,with just a little trimming.Considerably larger inside diameter that the stocker. And only costs $20ish!!
I'm thinking of trying it on mine,its on order.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the Sno Pro horn and also have the Speedwerx billet. I cut two of the long tabs off the Sno Pro unit and with a heat gun shaped the third so it curves towards the throttle bodies. In theory it should guide the airflow towards the throttle bodies.

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the whole slp y pipe, pipe and can set up...........ran fine around here but then went further and put on the slp intake. Now my sled is running lean cause it is taking in so much more air.This is a good thing up in altitude in the mountains but here it sucks. Now i pretty much need to put on a boondocker box so i can make the neccesary adjustments which slp says you do not need at our altitude.You can't beleive everything these people say and therefore I suggest stay away from slp intakes for sure, plus when the hood is open you can drop stuff down the wide open breather hole.

Blair laursen

Reaction score
put the Timbersled intake on my sled few weeks ago, love it made a notice able difference. no bog in the deep stuff and made my throttle response different for sure.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry it took so long guys. But here are the pics of the intake set-up that i run on my sled.

Attachments

• 000_0197.jpg
    000_0197.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 000_0196.jpg
    000_0196.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 78
  • 000_0195.jpg
    000_0195.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 85

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The biggest thing is to make sure that it is still drawing cold air as it will make way more power with cold air rather than hot under hood air.

aksnopro

Reaction score
What about running K&N pods? Anyone have any experience with these?

like mentioned above you will be drawing warm air from the engine with pods, causing loss of hp you want a "cold are intake" wherever it comes from as long as its cold and free from clogging!

Top Bottom