Which trials bike to buy?

TRAV

Reaction score
Im thinking about getting a trials bike, just know nothing about the brands. Heard of Gas Gas and sherco but no idea whats good or how hard parts are to get.... I would be looking at a 2 stroke. Any info is appreciated.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GasGas makes very nice bikes. I have not ridden their trials bikes but have a few friends with their dirtbikes. The 300cc engine is fantastic, really torquey and still rips on the top end. Parts can be a bit tough to find, there is a dealer in Kamloops, a big one in Vancouver and a really big one in Washington, not sure about Alberta. A lot of the parts are "aftermarket" but come oem. Ie brembo brakes, marzocchi suspension, brembo hydraulic clutch. So sourcing parts through the manufacturer may be an option.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
popsiclestand on here is a trials rider, he may be able to point you in the direction of a brand with some local support.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
or talk to V10 rider on here he has one and his bro's have some to..

sledder777

Reaction score
I ride a Gas Gas 280 , personally I think they are building some of the best trials bikes out there.My dealer is Seitzco in Okotoks, parts are always readily available, but rarely needed as the bikes are built bombproof. If you want to be a better offload rider / racer , there is no better way than trials riding. The 2nd gear club is hosting a lot of trials events now and they are a lot of fun, generally you can show up and someone will let you try a bike, I have loaned mine out dozens of times for people to try, usually results in a guy going out and buying one, and as I said they are tough as hell which is good because I crash hard.Want to know anything else about them let me know

Top Bottom