Which tonneau cover to buy?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own a '10 f350 short box with a tailgate step.

I want to get my sled deck off of my truck for the summer, and want to cover my tools up.
I have a rolling cargobed, and was wondering which cover works best for ya. I saw the backflip, the extang hardtop but am considering the Diamondback Lt for clearance.

Anyone have a diamondback? How much higher does it sit above the bed rails (inside clearance) I have a toolbox that's pretty tall.

Thanks in advance.

M

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont get a backflip. I had one on my last truck and one of the panels cracked, it faded really bad, and never closed very well. PM if you want more of my opinion

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had a roll and lock i like it when i needed to pull my fifth wheel i just rolled it up so i would get one again :d

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at the Extang hard folding cover a little bit closer. The one concern to me is that the middle panel is not clamped down. Without seeing a full size version up close, it is hard to tell if it will be secure enough. Will it flex enough for a person to get their arm inside??

Compared to the backflip, I like the latching at every segment. The Extang will give me a little more clearance though.

As for the Diamondback, it's obviously the most robust, but also the priciest.

They want another 300 bones to get it painted too. Not a huge fan of checkerplate, it shows the scuffs and hazing in no time and might look like chit in time. Is there a good finish on the clearcoat models?

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the bakflip and very happy with it so far... can't give long term opinion though as I've only had it since January. No latch issues or fading so far and I bought it used.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Compared to the backflip, I like the latching at every segment. The Extang will give me a little more clearance though.

My Bakflip was for a 6.5' box and the one segment didnt latch, but it wouldnt pull up enough to get an arm in

I have the bakflip and very happy with it so far... can't give long term opinion though as I've only had it since January. No latch issues or fading so far and I bought it used.

I wish I would have taken a picture of mine before I pitched it, what a piece of garbage.

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a soft tonneau cover the best thing ive ever had... Roll it all the way up and i can fit a quad in my truck or my motocross, without having to take off the tonneau cover, or having it in my way....
The sliding ones tend to lose a foot of box room... And i just don't like the solid ones, just usless pieces of crap in my opinion...

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Bakflip was for a 6.5' box and the one segment didnt latch, but it wouldnt pull up enough to get an arm in

I wish I would have taken a picture of mine before I pitched it, what a piece of garbage.
X2 on the back flip...... mine was a three piece back flip...... and when it came apart... it was literally in three pieces* , the replacement one was the same..... glued it and screwed it together with epoxy and stainless screws...... works better now.

Top Bottom