Custom Length Tonneau Cover

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have and old 2003 Silverado with a toolbox in the box. Does anyone make a custom length tonneau cover that would fit with the toolbox in? When I measure I get about 59" from the back of the box to the tail gate. I just want to keep the snow out for the winter so it doesn't have to be anything pricey.

Thanks!

Hoehand79

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a lady in edson that does custom skirting for rv s ...she does velcro for the slide s and the stuff she uses is waterproof and insulated that might work for you...?

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe they all depend on a cross rail (front of box) for support of the head unit. Spanning it across the box with no support might be an issue.

Beer Slayer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I made one twenty years ago...lasted eight years before a lady ran a stop sign and I tee-boned her and wrote both vehicles off.

Used 3/4 x 3/4" aluminum angle riveted to the inside lip of the truck box and tailgate, stretched some vinyl over 3/4' plywood glued and stapled [sanded sharp corners off ply]. Had a piece of 3/4" stainless piano hinge the width of ply in the center so I could fold back half over front half. Used elevator bolts in the four corners of the front half...under the vinyl so you couldn't see them. Bolted another two pieces of angle that were longer than the width of the box under the lip using wing nuts to hold it down [cover was removable]. Used some thin foam gasket material in between the aluminum angle and ply to keep most of the water out.
Hope this makes sense.

The angle could be riveted to your job box instead of the front lip of the truck box.

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
or, possibly, buy a lower tool box that fits under the cover. Some folding covers have a front section that offer access for a tool box.

images_product_imgs_LifeStyles_TX_Deuce_RAM_MateModel1_H_w125_h88_cr_q80.jpg

Top Bottom