Which sled deck for mega cab while pulling travel trailer????

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As per my heading i have a 2008 dodge 3500 mega cab and a travel trailer. I am wanting to get a sled deck or maybe one of those diamondback atv covers. Would like to get a sled deck but i am worried about the deck hitting the travel trailer while turning. Anyone currently have a mega cab with a sled deck and travel trailer??? Advice would be appreciated.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on how long the deck is, I have a 6.5' box on my duramax and with a flat deck sled trailer my 8' deck just hits the top of the wind break when near jack-knifed while reversing. My sleds sit above the level of the wind break but if it was an enclosed trailer my sleds would hit the front very easily.

If I were you I would hookup to the trailer and turn to one side or another and measure straight back from your box to see how much clearance you have and add a little for extra insurance. It would also depend upon how long of a deck you are planning on getting, obviously a 7' would clear better than an 8'

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For example Marlon decks come in a 85.5" deck thats made for a 5.5 to 6 ft box. would barely hang over but the big drawback is it comes with the short ramps. they also have a 92" deck made for 6.5 " box which would hang past quite a bit. my box measures from the front bulkhead where the deck would push up to to the end of the tailgate 78". I only haul quads so dont need a super long deck. not sure what denali or x deck have for sizes but will check it out.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Different trailers have different reaches. I would say any deck that is only as long as the box (no beaver tail) is a safe bet. My trailer has a decent reach and would clear my old 8' deck with beavertail on my longbox. Don't think my new deck will clear.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 7 ft marathon deck on my 2012 dodge crew cab at it hangs out quite a bit probably 10" past the tailgate i need to run a long hitch extension and avoid really sharp turns to avoid hitting my trailer and i only extend my deck about 4" each side
it will depend on the front profile of your trailer if it sweeps back you may be ok

the diamond back cover would only haul one quad on a short box truck need to have the long box for 2 quads

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 with a 8 ft deck and pulled a v-nose sled trailer a few times with no problem If pulling the travel trailer I would only go 7 ft with an extension when not pulling the trailer. You can also put the hitch extension on if its not too big of a trailer.

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think i am leaning towards a diamondback cover. Punching holes in my trailer makes me sick even thinking about it. if you got pictures of your diamondback please post.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where is everyone buying their extensions? I have chevy duramax with 3" receiver. Would like to find same size extension so I don't have to use reducer.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pa2y8edu.jpg
enude4aq.jpg
qu5yhuzu.jpg
ytesy8eb.jpg

This is my 7 ft marathon deck with my arctic fox trailer checking my turning angles the deck is not slid out and I have a large shank hitch from dsp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4evy2yre.jpg

Saw a guy that built this extension that bolted to the frame of his arctic fox and used the ball mount to make the trailer tounge longer to provide more clearance

Thinking of having my buddy's welding shop make me one as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom