which performance chip for can am

RINGER

Reaction score
wondering which performance chips are best for a 2010 xxc renegade ?

campingnut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you looking to control fuel? There are no performance chips like they have for cars/trucks. Just ways of tunning them better.

campingnut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The cheapest would be a PC-3/5 and set your air fuel mixture yourself. You could also get the fuel controller for the pipe you get but I do not think it will be as good.

MoAb Racing

Reaction score
If I had the money I would try one.

Yes that is what everone has been asking for. It is very, very, very sweet!!!!!! If you gonna put a big bore or stroker motor in yer can-am you need that. Does lots of cool stuff including removing the rev limiter so you get into that RPM range where the modded motors make that big HP.

SKEGNSNOW

Reaction score
Waste of money for the average weekend warrior, trust me. I would concentrate more on other areas like a fan over ride switch, thermostat mod, better front bumper, ( make sure U are using a twin Air air filter ), rear hitch and secret snorkel....

HOBBYHORSE

Reaction score
Waste of money for the average weekend warrior, trust me. I would concentrate more on other areas like a fan over ride switch, thermostat mod, better front bumper, ( make sure U are using a twin Air air filter ), rear hitch and secret snorkel....
He would make more HP w/ the stock 2010 filter, the twin air uses a restrictive elbow.

SKEGNSNOW

Reaction score
Yeah it makes more power, but the stock filter sucks. And most guys don't clean them enough which equals a bad leak down test, valves worn and piston slap LOL. Who cares about 2 mor HP. Use a two stage foam air filter and keep it clean and well oiled or U will be dooing a motor. That goes for all years Can-Am's 500, 650, 800 and 800R.

HOBBYHORSE

Reaction score
No Carolina'ers allow'd up here LOL. I know where U work LOL.[/QUOTE
you are correct sir, and if you guys don't need a little imput i could just log off and let you handle it. LOL. We have a few BBK's runnin around up there. If you or anyone else needs any help, just give me a call 336-859-4333, thanks Danny

SKEGNSNOW

Reaction score
Yes. And there wil be more BBK'd running around if stock air filters stay in LOL. I wasn't trying to be ignorant. If I sounded so, I'm sorry. I'd rather MPRPM than FCP IMO.

SKEGNSNOW

Reaction score
Yep. But it also makes a bad name for the brand when it shouldn't cause some guys can't doo regular maintance LOL.

MoAb Racing

Reaction score

I only posted that link because the poster wanted to know it there was a CHIP out for the outlander. I understand it isnt for the weekend warrior and if yer just gonna pipe it then ofcourse that ECM chip isnt the right thing. But if you are gonna do your motor up that is what you need, or something like that.

SKEGNSNOW

Reaction score
True. Anyone running any PCV's? Anyone in Alberta that does tuning? Go Hard maybe? If U are going to spend the money, a dual cylinder tune would be what is considered serious right now.

MoAb Racing

Reaction score
True. Anyone running any PCV's? Anyone in Alberta that does tuning? Go Hard maybe? If U are going to spend the money, a dual cylinder tune would be what is considered serious right now.

I do my own tuning, but from what I have heard the auto tune for the PCV is suppose to be really good. It does make a difference having your A/F ratio optimized even when adding a pipe.

campingnut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a pc-5. Tuners in Alberta that I know of are Universal Cycle in Calgary and soon Get Torqed (GO Hard and Quadworx) in Edmonton.

Top Bottom