Which mountain machine?

dallasditt

Reaction score
I know this probably been posted a million times but im looking at getting back into riding. I know this is gonna be brand bashing too but i just want to know your honest opionion on each brand. Im looking at an axys but unsure on the motor. I also like the m8000 too. Just so many choices. Looking at 2014/2015 possibly 2016. My last sled was an 08 xp 154. Thanks

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What ever you feel comfortable on, most flickable would be the Poo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dallasditt

Reaction score
Any experience on the axys motor? I know polaris has had issues in the past with their 800 and after a bit do they seem to have any reliability issues?

Dragon4x4

Reaction score
The new left over Cats are insanely cheap right now. Have a look around I think Alberta Cycle has some cheap ones kicking around. Also T&T out in bonnyville is a super good dealer and they always have good prices too. I like the Cats, ive never been a doo or poo fan they might be good but I don't like em.

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All great. All ride different. Real Wild One is right. Say your riding style, things u liked or didn't with past sled and there's boys on here that'll point you straight

I ride cat cause I like to dig and I love being out numbered 100-1. but cat dealerships have always been rock solid for me and that's what I am used to riding. Once I got rid of my pos 93 wildcat, never had any real big problems

Last edited:

dallasditt

Reaction score
Im looking to do a bit of everything. Im not too much into the real steep and deep or in super tight trees. But do like climbing and trees. More or less an all round sled. With reliabilty number 1.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly for all around you can't go wrong with another Ski-Doo.
If you can get used to the steering and not big on top shelf fit/finish then the prices on cat's can't be beat.
The axys poos are ok. But I feel they've gone too far to lighten them up as became evident with all the a-arm and glue issues with them.
I really like the new sidewinder but may be out of your price range by the time you lighten them up.

EmEight

Reaction score
I was on a skidoo last season and really liked it. 2014 summit. Handles really well in all conditions. It does not climbe any higher than a poo. If I had one complaint it was the front end felt a little heavy. I have a cat now. 2016 m8000. Haven't rode it yet. But just a first impression, the fit and finish is no where near as nice and the skidoo. Equal to or maybe slightly better than a poo. They are all very capeable mountian sleds that will easily take you to places you maybe should not go. Good luck.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, now that I have read your first post to it entirety.

If your last sled was an 08 you haven't been out of the loop that long.

Going back to a Doo means you will be in the clouds most of the time and can't see clearly.

Most of the guys riding Arctic Cat don't really raise much fuss because they don't have a really good sled for ride ability but it never breaks down so it has a place in the world. Arctic Guys seem to always accept beverages but never repay the favour, Hey Mikey

Polaris guys while they may be sensitive are generally nice guys who would give you the shirt off there back. Polaris has had it problems but most are sorted out and its a really fun sled to ride provided you don't mind a broken A arm now and then.

Yamaha is a trail sled and should not be in the mountains unless you need to pull a sled out through a chute.

LOL, All joking Aside. I find Polaris and Doo to be very close in riding style. The edge for me to Polaris but Doo a very close second. I like a lot of the options Doo has but until recent they were way more money. Polaris always seems to discount there sleds way more then Doo so a good deal can be found a year later. Arctic Cat is a alright sled for the price you can buy them but the are also down in sales for a reason.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there also. Unless you hated your old sled you might want to borrow or rent a newer skidoo. Big handling changes since 08. Plus the etec is a great engine.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy Fernie snows T3 you will love it!!! I have one, it is sooo easy to ride great. Super easy on the body, ride all day .

Top Bottom