Which KLIM jacket?

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tomahawk, Valdez, or Klimate? Not sure what I want. Have always wore a skidoo coat and liked it alot....but can't do that next year riding a CAT. So Is the Klimate usually too warm? Is the Valdez to cold? Which one is the most comfortable?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tomahawk, Valdez, or Klimate? Not sure what I want. Have always wore a skidoo coat and liked it alot....but can't do that next year riding a CAT. So Is the Klimate usually too warm? Is the Valdez to cold? Which one is the most comfortable?

What type of riding do you do? Do you wear a tekvest? Multiple factors ro look at.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally use the valdez. I then just wear layers so that i can easily adjust if i am getting to warm. I had a klimate jacket then once i started wearing a tekvest the klimate was to warm. The new kennaw would be pretty good because it has a little bit of insulation but not nearly as much as the klimate.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Valdez for sure. I bought 1 just before the start of the riding season and used it all winter. I only wore synthetic moisture wicking tops under it and never got too cold or too warm. I also wore a TekVest under it several times when I wasn't riding with the wife and I had the same results as with the syn tops. Klim is good stuff.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Valdez is the best riding jacket i have ever worn. I find it to be a tight fit but with the right thin layers, it works perfect. I has really big arm pit vents and one accross the back which work really well when its warm.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the climate parka for around home where it tends to be colder -15 to -20 and the valdez for out west when riding. love the valdez, only complaint is if I sit around for to long i start t get a chill going on, but if i'm moving i'm fine.

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I bought the Valdez. Found a deal on a closeout for $300. Got it yesterday. Seems like a nice jacket but seems pretty short compared to what I am used to. The back goes down pretty far but the front just barely covers your belt. Anybody else notice this or is it just me? I am not a tall guy either at 5'9"

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hubbys is quite long in front too, below the belt...and scoops down at the back...he's 6'1" and wearing an XL...absolutely loves the jacket...worn it for 3 seasons and lots of mileage on it :D

Top Bottom