Which avalanche bag to choose?

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have an opinion to share. I too am looking.
I've had my ABS bag since 06 and have had zero problems. Low maintenance, easy to repack, easy to grab trigger and decent storage. Mine is a 15 liter bag and I recently updated the zip-off storage portion. I can store all my vitals (probe, shovel, fold up saw, first aid kit, bivvy tarp) and still have room for my lunch and spare gloves. Keep in mind I'm 6'2" and 230lbs. I don't mind the extra weight, but that's just me.
In my opinion, ABS is the way to go.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about everyone saying that the Snowpulse floats you on your back being a bad thing. I've heard it a few times now. Don't you want to be floated on your back? I know I would rather end up with my head and face up, rather than face down in the snow when everything settles. Any feedback would be awesome.

I wondered the same thing, though only one guy really said it I think. I'd much rather be face up than face down myself. Another thing nobody's mentioned yet...you can tell if a Snowpulse or BCA cylinder is full by looking at it. You have to weigh an ABS cylinder.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wondered the same thing, though only one guy really said it I think. I'd much rather be face up than face down myself. Another thing nobody's mentioned yet...you can tell if a Snowpulse or BCA cylinder is full by looking at it. You have to weigh an ABS cylinder.

Snowpulse has a gauge.

Top Bottom