Which A-arms to buy

snowho

Reaction score
So I bent my lower/upper when the right side of my sled hit a rock. Timbersled makes a whole kit with spindles,tie rods arms , etc. Of coarse there is the cro-moly titanium options as well. Just looking to get feedback before I make a decision.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FWIW I went with Alternative Impact cro-mo arms on my M8, the arms are nicely built I'm happy with them also their customer service was excellent.

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im running a holtz kit on mine and they have been realy good (they are also a bit wider than stock),if you can find them as i think they are discontinued but a very good product (i believe glengine has access to them )and have a custom look, but the downside to running aftermarket a arms is when you do bugger up one side on a sled trip where do you get more ? you probly wont get them rite away so just something to consider before going aftermarket unless you buy a spare set or run the same width arms ,as stockers are pretty much available anywhere.

snowho

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Replacement for aftermarket stuff can always be an issue. Tried holtz and they don't have any for a cat on the website so I am kinda thinking of the Timbersled kit they claim it turns 12 degrees tighter but it is pricey (like $1500.00) and can't use the stock shocks, which were re-valved last year, cause the mounts are different. Spindle to spindle is 38 1/2" right now how much wider are the holtz, and Stg2suby did the cro-mo's change your stance?

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
holt are 41-43 ", check out the zbroz ,thats what im going with next i think if i trash mine again

M1000CAT

Reaction score
Go with the promax a arms. Made by ARS FX. They increase ground clearance and are a nimble 38.5" wide stance.Just my 2 cents from trying a few different set ups.

snowho

Reaction score
Really, mine is 38.5 right now and I'd like to keep it that way. Does the stance make a difference on handling and control? I find the M-8 easy to sidehiil but turns like an ol farm tractor.

vans

Reaction score
I just put on some chromoly bdx a-arms but haven't had a chance to use them yet. They look great and the fit was spot on, oh and they save a few pound over stock. I also have some stock ones for sale if your interested? pm me

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have Timbersled on my M1000, and although I don't really have any complaints now that I got rid of the first generation spindles and went with the new ones....I'm not sure there's a huge gain over stock for the money. Timbersled REAR suspension is a different story though. That was worth every penny! If steering is your issue, and you have stock skis....throw them away and put a set of Powder Pro's on there. Another mod that was worth every penny!

snowho

Reaction score
Hmm I was wondering if they were worth it. In fact the quote I got was 1500.00 with the fox float and 1800.00 with the fox evo. Coincidentally I do have powder pro's ,and Still turns like a tank.This is with the Burandt valving and nextech reservoir. Probably go with the ARS FX Promax.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm I was wondering if they were worth it. In fact the quote I got was 1500.00 with the fox float and 1800.00 with the fox evo. Coincidentally I do have powder pro's ,and Still turns like a tank.This is with the Burandt valving and nextech reservoir. Probably go with the ARS FX Promax.
Measure your front arm travel in the rear skid. Should be about 5.5 - 6" fully extended. Loosen front track shock preload to zero, tighten 2.5 turns. Dropping the front arm to lower hole in tunnel and relocating rear skid mount forward and up will give you a much lighter "feel". Powder Pros are a good ski, but VERY aggressive. I'd use MODS or USI SPX for a lighter feel without sacrificing control.

snowho

Reaction score
yep I got ur message and I am interested. I will try to call you tonight cause I am at work too.

Top Bottom