where's all the rumors about yamaha's new sxs

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably up on to the roll cage behind where you sit. Id have to look at it in person to come up with a plan.

I think that's got to be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen! I cant believe guys do that! Like who think its a good idea to put boiling hot water just behind your head? Imagine being strapped in by a 5 point harness and a rad hose blows off or rad springs a leak on your back? You would get the **** bunt out of you bye the time you stopped and got out.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that's got to be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen! I cant believe guys do that! Like who think its a good idea to put boiling hot water just behind your head? Imagine being strapped in by a 5 point harness and a rad hose blows off or rad springs a leak on your back? You would get the **** bunt out of you bye the time you stopped and got out.

Hey Neil, lots of people do it, and yes getting burnt could be a risk. I really dont care to talk about it here, So Ill leave it at that.

But hey, maybe Ill see you and your wife out in Revy some time again. Have a gooder.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

havent heard of to many problems or maimings with the rad on the front rack, right in front of your open face helmet, thousands of those around.

Last edited by a moderator:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that's got to be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen! I cant believe guys do that! Like who think its a good idea to put boiling hot water just behind your head? Imagine being strapped in by a 5 point harness and a rad hose blows off or rad springs a leak on your back? You would get the **** bunt out of you bye the time you stopped and got out.[/QUOTE

havent heard of to many problems or maimings with the rad on the front rack, right in front of your open face helmet, thousands of those around.
Well Lenny.... Woop woop

U made a awesome good post there...

100 %, the wash from the rad in front on the rack would be worse than the rad behind u

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that's got to be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen! I cant believe guys do that! Like who think its a good idea to put boiling hot water just behind your head? Imagine being strapped in by a 5 point harness and a rad hose blows off or rad springs a leak on your back? You would get the **** bunt out of you bye the time you stopped and got out.[/QUOTE

Yes that's is true. I don't think that's a great idea either. At least you can jump off I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

contagius

Reaction score
So, what's the difference between the models? All I see is color and beadlock wheels for 7000$. Other than that, I like it. It can't be any worse than the other sxs out there.

It would take some getting used to shifting as I haven't had a vehicle that didn't do it automatically for me for years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
112 crank hp the way it sits NA..... like i said.... by the time you get it out of the dealer with a few other goodies... its 30 grand so fast... you performance guys ... get your wallet out and open it up... why does nt everone buy a honda... they are cheap and roll forward on 4 wheels... hehe

.. and for the mud we will see how it performs... no one knows yet... time will tell....

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
112 crank hp the way it sits NA..... like i said.... by the time you get it out of the dealer with a few other goodies... its 30 grand so fast... you performance guys ... get your wallet out and open it up... why does nt everone buy a honda... they are cheap and roll forward on 4 wheels... hehe

so is this the side by side you are finally going to buy?

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so is this the side by side you are finally going to buy?

haha Tyler.... not me... quads for quite some time still... no interest in a sxs...one thing i can tell you is my Dealer will have one soon here and it i think wil be a demo model.. and i will be testing it out... not that long anymore...

contagius

Reaction score
It's only $2000 difference between the two models in US pricing. Not 7000

I'm from Canada so $7000 is about right. Haha. The website doesn't say the price for the base model but I'm assuming 19-20k and the SE is listed for almost 27K so...idk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Patience.... They will drop a lot after the shine wears off!
Popo will lower the 1000 prices like canam has....Yamaha will follow too...

I would expect prices to drop 2 to 3 k once the " have the first ones" have bought, especially in light of the new economy.....

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im with you guys.....unreal looking machine but 26k is absolutely insane. You compare this unit to a yamaha sled that sells for close to half the price and I bet the sled costs as much or more to build. The parts for these things should be more readily available (axles, seats, tires, etc). Pretty much the same engine. The profit margins on these have to be absolutely insane. Plus you would think the market for UTVs would be alot bigger than sled?

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im with you guys.....unreal looking machine but 26k is absolutely insane. You compare this unit to a yamaha sled that sells for close to half the price and I bet the sled costs as much or more to build. The parts for these things should be more readily available (axles, seats, tires, etc). Pretty much the same engine. The profit margins on these have to be absolutely insane. Plus you would think the market for UTVs would be alot bigger than sled?

You just answered it with your last sentence. If the market is willing to pay for $$$$$$ why sell for $$$$?

Top Bottom