Where to stay in Swan Hills?

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A group of 6 of us are heading up to ride Swan Hills. Where is the best place to stay taking into consideration decent rooms and safe parking?
I see there is a bar in the Swan Hills Hotel, wonder how safe the parking lot is....

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a warning for you, it was 16 above at Judy Creek near Swan Hills today and we lost alot of snow. Lots of grass poking through. Not sure what the lodging is like in SH but I wouldn't expect anything too great.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Brew. I know it was fairly warm there. I heard first hand from my uncle that Whitecourt had about 2.5' on thursday and usually Swan Hills has a little more snow and is a little cooler so im hopeing we find some decent stuff in the cut lines and in the shaded tree'd areas.

We are taking a couple guys who have never been on sleds before so it will be ok for us.

Any advice on hotels there?

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my roomate is a skidder operator and hes working out at wallace mountain and has been for a few months now and according to him there is 3 to 4 feet of snow out in the bush. And this was as of today.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Boys for the replies.

Sumx we will be locking stuff up for sure! Do you think the Swan Hills Hotel will be okay to stay at? Or is it the kind of place they rent rooms by the hour and alot chalk outlines in the suites? I like the idea of the bar being in the hotel.

THanks for snow report Yamaha4. What direction is Wallace mountain exactly from Swan Hills? We were thinking of just stageing from the Hotel parking lot and riding towards goose.

Smurff1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Boys for the replies.

Sumx we will be locking stuff up for sure! Do you think the Swan Hills Hotel will be okay to stay at? Or is it the kind of place they rent rooms by the hour and alot chalk outlines in the suites? I like the idea of the bar being in the hotel.

THanks for snow report Yamaha4. What direction is Wallace mountain exactly from Swan Hills? We were thinking of just stageing from the Hotel parking lot and riding towards goose.

You will Have alot of fun, trails, and swamp area to play in,
great place to learn and polish your skills.

:beer::beer::beer:
Smurff

Attachments

• work pictures 083.jpg
    work pictures 083.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 56

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, well I am from swan hills and here is the run down, theft is not a huge issue, Just like any town we get drifters rolling through looking for s#!t but for the most part its not do bad, as for rideing from town to goose tower its not a great Idea but can definatly be done, just make sure to pack extra gas. Around town there is lots of awsome riding you can easily put 100kms on in a day. Snow conditions well they are moderate, the warm weather really kicked the pants off our snow but we still have enought to play and have fun, I was up in goose tower on the weekend and we had a great time, just be carfull and slow in the cut blocks, due to stumps, but in the swamp beds, and cutlines hold it to the bar and enjoy the powder, there is alot more snow in goose then there is in town, and calling for more snow on thurs and friday. As for the bar just like any seedy town fairly white trash but a helluva good time (not many single women though). The hotel is a alright place to stay and nice to be close to the bar, if you want to be out of town there is the grizzly but you would have to cab it every were.

Hope this helps and have fun

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will Have alot of fun, trails, and swamp area to play in,
great place to learn and polish your skills.

:beer::beer::beer:
Smurff

looks like you're polishing up your getting unstuck skills in that pic lol.:beer::beer::beer:have a gooder up at fawcett i think i may try for a day trip to the goose with momma and the kids :Snowmobile1::Snowmobile1:

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks boys for the info. Bunch of pussies didnt want to go today so we rode the Henday instead.....

Smurff1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like you're polishing up your getting unstuck skills in that pic lol.:beer::beer::beer:have a gooder up at fawcett i think i may try for a day trip to the goose with momma and the kids :Snowmobile1::Snowmobile1:
Did you go out sleding.

We went out to Fawcett and had a great time the snow was
like the Goose

But it was a bit cold to start but cold will not stop us:beer::beer::d:eek:

Attachments

• Fawcett Jan 23 24 2009 025.jpg
    Fawcett Jan 23 24 2009 025.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 45

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you go out sleding.

We went out to Fawcett and had a great time the snow was
like the Goose

But it was a bit cold to start but cold will not stop us:beer::beer::d:eek:

HOly mother trucker that was a brisk morning. was it at least sunny?:)
No i didn't get to go out on sat or sun but went for a short ride on Fri. night until my visor broke then it got really cold on the face.:d going this weekend though up to the goose with about 4 or 6 others from drayton.

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as a place to stay, we were there this weekend. So, we stayed at a place thatr looks like Bates Motel off of the Psycho movies. We reserved there, but when we got there, the outside was freaky, so we shopped around, and after all of that, we ended up back there anyway. Plain and basic (no coffee makers in rooms, as they advertised) but clean rooms, very nice staff and good price. No Norman Bates there either. We stayed at Hillcrest. Good parking for your truck and trailer too. If you have a small pet, they let it come to your room, even though they have a sign saying no pets.

The Grizzly Motel stunk and the bathroom walls were falling apart. Do not stay there.

There is my short story of the month.

Top Bottom