Where To Stay In Or Near Whistler.

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi, there is about 8 of us that would like to head to the Whistler area and stay and ride for a bit. Are there any places that you would recommend to stay that are sledder friendly. We will probably have atleast 2 big enclosed trailers.
Where are the must ride places?

Thanks

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi, there is about 8 of us that would like to head to the Whistler area and stay and ride for a bit. Are there any places that you would recommend to stay that are sledder friendly. We will probably have atleast 2 big enclosed trailers.
Where are the must ride places?

Thanks

Why not see if Chris Brown has room at his lodge? If he isn't already booked, it's a great place to stay and he knows all the secret stashes...

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of good places to stay out that way. Like SledMamma suggested Chris brown has a nice lodge and can guide you. But if you are looking for more budget friendly go to Squamish or Pemberton for some accom as a lot of hotels in whistler have little to offer for parking especially for trailers.

Rainbow, Sprout, Pemberton ice caps are a few of the popular riding areas

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly I got the Best Western in Squamish down to $75 a night 2 queen room.

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just went there this year. Stayed at the RV creek side campground. They have cabins that can sleep 4 people per cabin. Plus you can park your enclose in the RV stalls next to them and plug in. As for riding. Near whistler you can only access. Brandywine, rainbow with ease for parking big trailers. So you are limited there. But there is a ton of riding areas from Squamish to pemberton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Chris does not have room for 2 big enclosed trailers. It would be difficult to turn one trailer around on the road in front of his house/lodge. Whistler is expensive; Squamish or Pemberton would be your best bet.

The Best Western in Squamish is a good place to start (I have stayed there). Clean and can easily accommodate your rigs. Great little restaurant, hot tub and cheap rates for the Sea-to-Sky corridor. Brohm is close (5-6 km north of Squamish), Whistler is about 40 minutes north with Cougar and Rutherford trail heads another 15-20 minutes north.

I would contact Chris Brown (ridewithchrisbrown on this site) or Ray Mason (RGM on this site) for guiding on the icefields. Pretty much a must for your first trip in that big massive glacier. Good luck and ride safe.

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I figured that we would probably find reasonable accom in Squamish or Pemberton. Thanks guys for the info.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pemberton is cheaper and some spots have room for big rigs.

pinkpantherusmincus

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
None of the big commercial hotels in whistler cater for anyone with a large trailer. The rv park mentioned before is prob the best option....staying in Squamish or pemby is good, though it can make the morning drive double or triple the time to get to the trail head

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you talking about. The Rutherford is only 6KM south of Pemberton
None of the big commercial hotels in whistler cater for anyone with a large trailer. The rv park mentioned before is prob the best option....staying in Squamish or pemby is good, though it can make the morning drive double or triple the time to get to the trail head

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It looks like there is going to be rain there next week now so we may have to look somewhere else. Perhaps Stewart for the week...hmmmm.

Top Bottom