Where to Stay in Fernie??

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wondering what the best hotel is for sledders to stay at in Fernie? Where does everyone stay and whats the rates? I called Stanford and for a standard room with 2 queen beds they want $130 plus BC taxes which usually are an additional 20% :eek:

nolan94

Reaction score
We st:realmad::rant::eek:ayed at the super 8 last weekend $ 84.50 plus tax and they have a nice outdoor hot tub.

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Super 8, just dont park in Smittys restaurant parking lot.:nono: Heard of people being towed.:eek:

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks boys, just booked in. They include up to 4 people and includes continental breakfast. Good deal!

Snow and mudders helping snow mudders in record time!

:beer:

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let the Stanford Inn know you are sledding they have something to do with the Fernie Club I was told. The Stanford or the Super 8. I would pay the extra and go to the Stanford. The beds at the Super 8 are unbelievably hard. I stayed at the Super 8 when I was there at the middle of Feb, when I talked to you at the staging area. I always stay at the Stanford when down that way for work. Way nicer. And yes, DO NOT park in the Smitties lot. He has his own tow truck and the guy at the front desk said he charges heavy for a short tow. :(

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Let the Stanford Inn know you are sledding they have something to do with the Fernie Club I was told. The Stanford or the Super 8. I would pay the extra and go to the Stanford. The beds at the Super 8 are unbelievably hard. I stayed at the Super 8 when I was there at the middle of Feb, when I talked to you at the staging area. I always stay at the Stanford when down that way for work. Way nicer. And yes, DO NOT park in the Smitties lot. He has his own tow truck and the guy at the front desk said he charges heavy for a short tow. :(

Three major corporate sponsors for our Club: Park Place Lodge, Best Western, and the Stanford Inn. Super 8 does not contibute.

In the long run, it is best to support the sponsors that help with land issues, grooming costs, and cabin maintenance. That is not only true in Fernie but in all the communities. Trail passes and membership fees go a long way to making your experiences a positive memory.

Our grooming program has been great this winter and our next goal is for a new cabin in the Rolling Hills. It will be sweet!

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your right Fernie Snow. Cancelled Super-8 and booked in at Stanford even though it was more expensive. Support the business' that support us.

nolan94

Reaction score
Thanks Ferniesnow for the great details we r headin back next week and will stay at the Stanford as well??:nono:

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wondering what the best hotel is for sledders to stay at in Fernie? Where does everyone stay and whats the rates? I called Stanford and for a standard room with 2 queen beds they want $130 plus BC taxes which usually are an additional 20% :eek:

I should revisit my first post in this thread to clear things up a little. When i called Stanford back the next day the guy i then spoke to knew about the sledders rates and they are $108/night + tax. The $130 was the what the first guy who said there was no sledders rates. It was late when i called the first guy and he probably wanted to get back to Matlock, Newhart or Night-Court on his 8 inch black&white behind the desk.

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we use to stay at the stanford, this year the park place has been giving us a much better deal that stanford for the sleders, get the rooms on the third floor, much bigger and nicer, very clean and beer store is attached, not important till you get to town late and everything is closed. bestwester has been giving us a higher rate dont know whats up,, some one could post the corp. rate to the places that support the club. i live 825km and im a club member, great trails,

giddyup

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
There was 4-6" (12-15 cm) of fresh at the top of Coal Summit. The Wrangler's cabin had about the same. This isn't the glorious fluffy powder but it was mostly untracked on Tuesday night. Only 3 sleds were out on Tuesday, the rest of this week after I post this, who knows????

The staging at Coal Creek isn't bad; go past the green bridge and stage at the burnt out truck. We groomed Tuesday night; Coal Creek/Morrissey/ Wrangler's Cabin. The Morrissey side had no traffic and that may be due to the lack of snow at the lower end. We only go down to Blueberry with the groomer. Pretty much hero snow but one can still explore, get stuck, and have a great time. A few places at the Notch to worry about avi's but other than that it should be pretty safe. Use good judgement and be safe.

The trail is pretty much baby butt smooth again. Enjoy.....

Attachments

• Grooming3i.jpg
    Grooming3i.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Grooming2i.jpg
    Grooming2i.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Grooming4i.jpg
    Grooming4i.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 56
  • Grooming5i.jpg
    Grooming5i.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Grooming6i.jpg
    Grooming6i.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 64

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pictures from last nights groom will come in a little while......gotta eat supper and have a beer or two......

4 of us are headed your way Easter weekend for 3 days, dont know the area so looking for a little guiding. All of us have at least 15-20 years mountain riding. We will probably be pulling a 4 place, so were hoping snow access is good so we dont have to travel up the trail system to get to snow as turning a 4 place around is not easy on a tight trail. Any areas you could recommend and how to get there would be much appreciated:d
I think we are staying at the Best Western.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
4 of us are headed your way Easter weekend for 3 days, dont know the area so looking for a little guiding. All of us have at least 15-20 years mountain riding. We will probably be pulling a 4 place, so were hoping snow access is good so we dont have to travel up the trail system to get to snow as turning a 4 place around is not easy on a tight trail. Any areas you could recommend and how to get there would be much appreciated:d

Nice to see guys coming for the spring riding! Getting to the snow line with those big trailers is a real pain on FS roads in the spring and the fall. On the Coal Creek side there are places that are big enough to turn around just have to know where they are.

I wouldn't mind showing you around but I'm on the sticks for another couple of weeks. Maybe some of the regulars will chime in and help you out. Good luck, fs

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

a few of us are heading there on the 03/31 for a few days. i think about 8 or so. been there a few times, you could tag along. send a pm if you'd like.

Top Bottom