Where to mount a 12' or 20' light bar

HAYDENC

Reaction score
i have 2010 dodge ram 1500 and i want to buy a 12' or 20' LED light bar for the front of my truck. only issue is i have no clue where a good place to mount it is.. anyone have any ideas of pictures of what they have done?? thanks!

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is it a sport, SLT, Bighorn, Laramie.... I have a sport and had to do a custom bracket to fit a 20" light bar. No one makes a kit for the sport unless you buy a bull bar and mount the light to that.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 237

HAYDENC

Reaction score
its an SLT. o wanted to mount where you have it but the gap is only about 2''-3''. there is a plastic piece between both tow hooks dod you have to take that out and it made the opening bigger?

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have only had the light for a few weeks now. Not sure how long it will take to get stolen.

I took the middle plastic piece out and cut 25 inches out to make room for the brackets and everything. I pushed the light back a far as it could go with out hitting the bumper.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have only had the light for a few weeks now. Not sure how long it will take to get stolen.

I took the middle plastic piece out and cut 25 inches out to make room for the brackets and everything. I pushed the light back a far as it could go with out hitting the bumper.

Can you take pics of the bracket? I want to do the same in my sport but with a single row 20" so it fits further back in that bumper area and doesn't look so thief friendly.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have 2010 dodge ram 1500 and i want to buy a 12' or 20' LED light bar for the front of my truck. only issue is i have no clue where a good place to mount it is.. anyone have any ideas of pictures of what they have done?? thanks!
If your going to mount a 12 foot light bar on your truck your going to have to get special overwidth permits and be very careful going around corners.

HAYDENC

Reaction score
perfect thanks. once the plastic piece is out did you just cut the bumper and leave the cut edge exposed? my bumper is chrome and i dont want to cut it and then have the cut edge start to rust.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_06991_zps4b928c1c.jpg

Here's how i did mine. i know yours is a half ton with a different style bumper but its an idea.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone put them behind the grill. Looking at mounting one 10" in both lower grill openings. Thinking about a 10" spot on drivers side and 10" flood on passenger side for better ditch coverage. Also, where did you mount your switch. Post pics if you have them. Thanks.

Top Bottom