Where to go camping??

rebarfever

Reaction score
Where is a good place to go camping about an hour or two outside Edmonton? Looking for somewhere to take a 30' trailer and a couple of quads and have some fun camping and riding. Not interested in a park just a good spot the wife and I can kick back and relax.

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Medicine Lake area is ok....if you want a shorter distance and never been, been there about 3 times now and yep done unless we want something close to home........last year we really expanded our horizons and hooked up with some great folks here and hit Big Horn Damn, South Fork (which we will definatly do again )......... out by Nordegg..................gotta sometimes drive a bit for the good trails !!!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Medicine Lake area is ok....if you want a shorter distance and never been, been there about 3 times now and yep done unless we want something close to home........last year we really expanded our horizons and hooked up with some great folks here and hit Big Horn Damn, South Fork (which we will definatly do again )......... out by Nordegg..................gotta sometimes drive a bit for the good trails !!!
Bighorn dam does not exist. Oh right drinking was involved and broken axles. I think. :beer:Lori you don't remember. Lol.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Well if you tell us a bit about the kind of riding and camping that you like then like minded people will ask you to tag along on their trips.
eg. do you like to just ride in the mud or put on a lot of miles in a day?
do you like to party all night and play music or just kick back by the fire after a day of riding and joking around with others about the day.

It is a lot more fun to camp and quad with people who have the same interests and likes then to hook up with a group that you may find to be wet noodles.

Check out my web sites, links below, to see what kind of stuff we like to do, for example

Flickr: Rubirosered's Photostream

rubirosered's Channel - YouTube

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bighorn dam does not exist. Oh right drinking was involved and broken axles. I think. :beer:Lori you don't remember. Lol.
I remember that trip quite well.................and I remember it was Storm after margarita's whom went to bed early that time.........your older and obviously getting sometimers !!!:beer:

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if you tell us a bit about the kind of riding and camping that you like then like minded people will ask you to tag along on their trips.
eg. do you like to just ride in the mud or put on a lot of miles in a day?
do you like to party all night and play music or just kick back by the fire after a day of riding and joking around with others about the day.

It is a lot more fun to camp and quad with people who have the same interests and likes then to hook up with a group that you may find to be wet noodles.

Check out my web sites, links below, to see what kind of stuff we like to do, for example

Flickr: Rubirosered's Photostream

rubirosered's Channel - YouTube

Great point..............tell us what you like !!! We ususally like to get out for about a 6 hour ride, bit of everything if we can, take a lunch along ..............nights are usually spent around a fire bullshitting....................with a bit of Sour Puss, Hot Sex...and whatever else :)

Rneddel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cadomin. You can find a nice spot in the bush (clearing). When i went last we drove up to Ruby Falls, nice water fall and all sorts of terrain on the way there!!!

Andoo

Respected Military Member
Reaction score

If you go back this summer would you mind if we tag along, lookin for more places before we possibly get moved out east?

07dmax360

Reaction score
My wife and I dont have large machines, we tote around a 27ft. fifth wheel and 2 quads. We have a great time out at Caroline, we found some really great spots just off the side of the hiway on range road 83. There is the staging area further down the road about 10, just shortly after the pavement stops and runs gravel. From this spot, the trails spider off into many directions, you can follow the river or jump the road and play in some bog, some mud, some pasture, all kinds of terrain to be ridden, remember though, nearly every mud hole, usually has a trail to skirt around it, we have gone with others that brought kids and 90cc quads, and small dirt bikes, and rode all day with us. ( we had our fair share of winching, but nothing that we couldn't get through or around).

If you are ever looking for a couple that don't party hard, but like to have a few wobble pops (after we ride), give us a jingle, we love to explore and tour spots we've never seen, and go back to great spots.

cheers, and have great riding!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife and I dont have large machines, we tote around a 27ft. fifth wheel and 2 quads. We have a great time out at Caroline, we found some really great spots just off the side of the hiway on range road 83. There is the staging area further down the road about 10, just shortly after the pavement stops and runs gravel. From this spot, the trails spider off into many directions, you can follow the river or jump the road and play in some bog, some mud, some pasture, all kinds of terrain to be ridden, remember though, nearly every mud hole, usually has a trail to skirt around it, we have gone with others that brought kids and 90cc quads, and small dirt bikes, and rode all day with us. ( we had our fair share of winching, but nothing that we couldn't get through or around).

If you are ever looking for a couple that don't party hard, but like to have a few wobble pops (after we ride), give us a jingle, we love to explore and tour spots we've never seen, and go back to great spots.

cheers, and have great riding!!

Bunch of us from here go out lots durning the summer. Usually end up going to the 16-11 well site ( just so Dave b will come :D). It between phillis lake and tay river camp ground down ...
Keep a eye out for the reddeer Suds and buds camp out in the mud pit section

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bunch of us from here go out lots durning the summer. Usually end up going to the 16-11 well site ( just so Dave b will come :D). It between phillis lake and tay river camp ground down ...Keep a eye out for the reddeer Suds and buds camp out in the mud pit sectionSent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk
Some people stay for 3 weeks at a time. Friggin tex.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great point..............tell us what you like !!! We ususally like to get out for about a 6 hour ride, bit of everything if we can, take a lunch along ..............nights are usually spent around a fire bullshitting....................with a bit of Sour Puss, Hot Sex...and whatever else :)
..yes that was a blast..we gotta doo it again this summer!!

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you go back this summer would you mind if we tag along, lookin for more places before we possibly get moved out east?
..perhaps we put a camping section in the snowangels thread.. you colud come with s if ya want,,thadda be cool!

Top Bottom