Where to get winch spooled with synth rope

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
One more thing RaineMaker. Not sure what kind of machine your changing out the cable on but I have done quite a different brands and when I do a Can-am, I pull the 4 mounting bolts off the winch, snip the tie-straps off the wireing off the frame and slide the winch out the side to work on it. You just cant reach in the with that silly plastic guard BRP has it it's more of a pain in the ass to remove the plastic then slide the winch out sideways. Trust me...this is not a big job and will only cost you maybe one extra Swig of your beer while working on a Can-Am :d:beer::beer::beer:

RaineMaker

Reaction score
One more thing RaineMaker. Not sure what kind of machine your changing out the cable on but I have done quite a different brands and when I do a Can-am, I pull the 4 mounting bolts off the winch, snip the tie-straps off the wireing off the frame and slide the winch out the side to work on it. You just cant reach in the with that silly plastic guard BRP has it it's more of a pain in the ass to remove the plastic then slide the winch out sideways. Trust me...this is not a big job and will only cost you maybe one extra Swig of your beer while working on a Can-Am :d:beer::beer::beer:

Going on a brute 750i and winch is out.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Going on a brute 750i and winch is out.

I've done one also with the winch completely out. I just put in a vise on my work bench and pulled the old cable off, installed the new rope with the little metal button supplied and then hooked up a 12v battery charger to spool the rope back in. Another trick I use is to wrap the end of the new rope tightly with black tape then cut rope about 1/2 an inch into the black tape using a sharp knife. This makes it a he'll of a lot easier to thread the rope through the little hole in the winch drum.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've done one also with the winch completely out. I just put in a vise on my work bench and pulled the old cable off, installed the new rope with the little metal button supplied and then hooked up a 12v battery charger to spool the rope back in. Another trick I use is to wrap the end of the new rope tightly with black tape then cut rope about 1/2 an inch into the black tape using a sharp knife. This makes it a he'll of a lot easier to thread the rope through the little hole in the winch drum.

Yep, I've done that too. I found lighting the end with a torch, and wicking it to a point works good as well.

mudhunter

Reaction score
I saw it for 69 bucks at the Sportsman show and it looked like 3/8" didn't check the breaking strength tho.... Wonder if Supersling is cheaper???

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother got gary stuff from warn and it was junk! You couldnt winch hard or it would brake every time. But I got blue rope from Superslings and its great never had a problem with it, and its been on my quad for 3 years!

RaineMaker

Reaction score
My brother got gary stuff from warn and it was junk! You couldnt winch hard or it would brake every time. But I got blue rope from Superslings and its great never had a problem with it, and its been on my quad for 3 years!

Great that's where I'm going to get mine. I've heard they have good product and good prices what more could you ask for.

BruteCamo

Reaction score
Call Darren @ CND Rope and Industrial Supply. 780 440-2102
Has them prepackaged in differnt sizes and lengths for ATV,UTV and Trucks.
Great Prices too!
I believe he sells Amsteel Blue?

RaineMaker

Reaction score
Call Darren @ CND Rope and Industrial Supply. 780 440-2102
Has them prepackaged in differnt sizes and lengths for ATV,UTV and Trucks.
Great Prices too!
I believe he sells Amsteel Blue?

That's the stuff I want. Thanx for the contact info.

Top Bottom