Where to get nitrous installed on vehicle?

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting nitrous installed on my car this spring and am looking for a recommendation for where to go in the Edmonton area. I was going with a turbo, but there are more cons on my list going that route than running nos.

If some of you guys are running it in your vehicles currently, your input would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting nitrous installed on my car this spring and am looking for a recommendation for where to go in the Edmonton area. I was going with a turbo, but there are more cons on my list going that route than running nos.

If some of you guys are running it in your vehicles currently, your input would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone
Why hire someone to do it for you? Lots of dum dum proof kits out there. What kind of car? Bigest thing is to make sure you have LOTS of fuel available. I always run a separate fuel system for the N2O.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be going in an 04 RX8. I searched on google to see if it was illegal but nothing mentions it being illegal in Alberta, just Ontario, with people saying it's legal to have. I'm not looking to go 240km/hr down the road, I just want cheap horse power for when I want it (I'm not always foot to the floor), without dropping 6k on a turbo kit.

Sent from my iPhone

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What have you done to the engine already? What hp shot are you going with?

Sent from my iPhone while wishing the snow was gone so I can go dirt biking.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What have you done to the engine already? What hp shot are you going with?

Sent from my iPhone while wishing the snow was gone so I can go dirt biking.

Well, being a renesis, it's getting rebuilt next month in Calgary and getting substantial parts changed for longevity. I was looking at a 50 horse shot as a starting point.

I'll also have to look into the laws a bit more about having nitrous on the street.

Sent from my iPhone

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
electric remote bottle opener....."I have bottle shut off officer".....but usually when they see the bottle its a ticket for something cause they knew I was up to no good! that's why I like sleeper cars like my Grand National.....looked like a grampa car....lol

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Actually u should check into insurance coverage too.... Jus sayin. Know an old street racer that schmucked up his car, and small fuel fire. Insurance investigated and found nos on his car and declined insurance coverage for heavily modified car with nos.... Gave him small settlement for a $30000 investment :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually u should check into insurance coverage too.... Jus sayin. Know an old street racer that schmucked up his car, and small fuel fire. Insurance investigated and found nos on his car and declined insurance coverage for heavily modified car with nos.... Gave him small settlement for a $30000 investment :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up, I'll look into that as well. Does anyone know why it's illegal? From what I can find on the internet is it's not illegal to have a tank on board, it's having the valve open and readily useable. There are vehicles that make more horsepower than what some make up for with nitrous.

Sent from my iPhone

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, I'll look into that as well. Does anyone know why it's illegal? From what I can find on the internet is it's not illegal to have a tank on board, it's having the valve open and readily useable. There are vehicles that make more horsepower than what some make up for with nitrous.

Sent from my iPhone

Probably because it's a dangerous goods and the vehicle does not have placards on the outside and probably no MSDS forms inside, or insurance to cover when someone leaves on the bottle heater and it explodes and kills someone.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably because it's a dangerous goods and the vehicle does not have placards on the outside and probably no MSDS forms inside, or insurance to cover when someone leaves on the bottle heater and it explodes and kills someone.

From what I've found is it's not illegal to have it full. You just can not have the valve open. Also, unless the bottle has been tampered with, it should have a blow off cap for the situations of too much pressure from heat.

Sent from my iPhone

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually u should check into insurance coverage too.... Jus sayin. Know an old street racer that schmucked up his car, and small fuel fire. Insurance investigated and found nos on his car and declined insurance coverage for heavily modified car with nos.... Gave him small settlement for a $30000 investment :( Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had NOS in my 70 chevelle my insurance company didn't care

Last edited by a moderator:

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, I'll look into that as well. Does anyone know why it's illegal? From what I can find on the internet is it's not illegal to have a tank on board, it's having the valve open and readily useable. There are vehicles that make more horsepower than what some make up for with nitrous. more horsepower than what some make up for with nitrous. You better have lot of NOS to keep up to my 1000 hp blown nova and I drive it on the street

Last edited:

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think my naturally aspirated 1.3L rotary will keep up to a boosted 8 cylinder

Sent from my iPhone

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To do it properly you will need to have a vent tube as well if the bottle is mounted inside the passenger cabin.

Top Bottom