Where to camp?

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
Wifey and I are on a tour across Western Canada, visiting producers and we have a few days of off time :d We have narrowed down the July 30- Aug 1 to William A Switzer prov park. Which camp grounds should we stay at? next to a lake would be awesome, nice and quite with privacy even better.

We have a 30ft 5th wheel, and generator so good to go at any site. Suggestions? It appears all sites left in the park are first come first serve. do you pay for the site at the park gate? or do they come and collect? whats the deal...

ALSO looking for suggestions in the Peace area for a few nites too!

Thanks in advance

Kurt

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
Im on the site, but not all campgrounds are listed, been advised its a first come, first serve, and self registration (?) at everything but Gregg lake.

Heres where we are thinking, either Jarvis Lake campground, Halfway campgrounds maybe Cache.

Anyone been to these campgrounds?

Last edited:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I have been to halfway small loop about 12 or so sites no services, pit toliets about 10 or so KM off the hwy down a winding gravel road nice and quiet

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im on the site, but not all campgrounds are listed, been advised its a first come, first serve, and self registration (?) at everything but Gregg lake.

Heres where we are thinking, either Jarvis Lake campground, Halfway campgrounds maybe Cache.

Anyone been to these campgrounds?

I can't comment on some of those campgrounds but Pierre Grey Lakes just half hour south of Grande Cache is a good place to stay...4 diffrent campsites with 3 lakes...Not to mention if up in this area for the Aug long weekend, thats also the weekend for the Canadian Death Race here in GC

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
I can't comment on some of those campgrounds but Pierre Grey Lakes just half hour south of Grande Cache is a good place to stay...4 diffrent campsites with 3 lakes...Not to mention if up in this area for the Aug long weekend, thats also the weekend for the Canadian Death Race here in GC

yes i am aware of the Death race as all site in Grande Cache are booked. I been advised to stay south of Grande due to the race and no site to camp at.

Is there a link to the race? or where is it held at. Might be something to see!

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^ holy crap, i dont even know if im in good enuf shape to watch the friggin race........jus sayin

You have no idea, there are people from all over the world that will be there. The town is alot of fun that weekend. And if all else fails and you wanna stay in town. Just park on the side of any street intown. They wont bother you, who evers house you park infront of will come out and ask what you are doing. Now you can tell the cops you are friends with the people who live there. Its all good.

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have no idea, there are people from all over the world that will be there. The town is alot of fun that weekend. And if all else fails and you wanna stay in town. Just park on the side of any street intown. They wont bother you, who evers house you park infront of will come out and ask what you are doing. Now you can tell the cops you are friends with the people who live there. Its all good.

I gotta agree, just find somewhere to park for the weekend. People park there campers all over the place. Even our ball diamonds turn in to a campsite for the weekend

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gotta agree, just find somewhere to park for the weekend. People park there campers all over the place. Even our ball diamonds turn in to a campsite for the weekend

I was going to say the rec center or the school , but they will already be full...lol

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah they will...cause thats were they hold all the festivities and the start and finish line is there as well...

There is always blue bridge , firemans park, ball diamonds, golf course, the mall. If a guy got really stuck im sure my bro wouldnt care if someone parked infront of his house. Got a few other relatives up there.

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is always blue bridge , firemans park, ball diamonds, golf course, the mall. If a guy got really stuck im sure my bro wouldnt care if someone parked infront of his house. Got a few other relatives up there.

Oh yeah for sure...all those places im sure someone will be camping at...Even down at the flats if your lucky enough...Im sure most people wouldnt mind having someone park infront of their house

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
Thanks guys your suggestions. Heres the truck n trailer, easy to spot, hard to hide, F250 black with "Imperial Seed" on the rocker panel, see us, give a wave or stop on by for a beverage! We will be in Southern AB, Banff, Grande Cache area, Peace River area, St. Paul area and Northern eastern SK and then home! 18 day trip:d

Attachments

• 100_6474.jpg
    100_6474.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 27

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
18 day trip, sounds like lots of fun, hope you guys have a great time. Aug long weekend ill already be on a plane for my 6 week vacation :)

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im heading over to England, to see family and all that stuff. Been 14 years since i was last there

Top Bottom