Where to buy a battery?

mustard73

Reaction score
Where can a guy find new battery at a decent price? I called the dealer and they want $120 for one to fit my Vulcan 900!! Seems pretty steep to me.

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where can a guy find new battery at a decent price? I called the dealer and they want $120 for one to fit my Vulcan 900!! Seems pretty steep to me.

If that's a jell battery, that's not a bad price.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
yep wouldnt think twice about going jell battery

lighter weight and lasts forever

if u wanna safe some money u can try finding one on ebay canada cause if u get it out of the states most likely itll cost u more after all the shipping and taxes are done

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
give this place a call,, got a few batteries from them..

Battery WorldBattery World
Place page

3-2520 23 St NE
Calgary, AB T2E 8L2
(403) 571-3630

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score

Always had good luck with The Battery Doctor as well. Believe there is one in Calgary.

mustard73

Reaction score
Called around a bit and ended up buying a gel battery from Battery Direct for $80. Best price I found and they poured in the acid and charged it up before I picked it up.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Called around a bit and ended up buying a gel battery from Battery Direct for $80. Best price I found and they poured in the acid and charged it up before I picked it up.

not sure on this but all the GEL CELL batteries I owned ....you could not POUR IN ACID into them????? are you sure you got a gel cell? or a regular Acid battery?

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
2 different types of gel batteries still out there wet and dry cell

A gel battery (also known as a "gel cell") is a VRLA battery with a gelified electrolyte; the sulfuric acid is mixed with silica fume, which makes the resulting mass gel-like and immobile. Unlike a flooded wet-cell lead-acid battery, these batteries do not need to be kept upright. Gel batteries reduce the electrolyte evaporation, spillage (and subsequent corrosion issues) common to the wet-cell battery, and boast greater resistance to extreme temperatures, shock, and vibration. Chemically they are the same as wet (non-sealed) batteries except that the antimony in the lead plates is replaced by calcium.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 different types of gel batteries still out there wet and dry cell

A gel battery (also known as a "gel cell") is a VRLA battery with a gelified electrolyte; the sulfuric acid is mixed with silica fume, which makes the resulting mass gel-like and immobile. Unlike a flooded wet-cell lead-acid battery, these batteries do not need to be kept upright. Gel batteries reduce the electrolyte evaporation, spillage (and subsequent corrosion issues) common to the wet-cell battery, and boast greater resistance to extreme temperatures, shock, and vibration. Chemically they are the same as wet (non-sealed) batteries except that the antimony in the lead plates is replaced by calcium.

so is the dry cell the better one? I loved running my Optima spiral cell.....I think is must have been a dry cell.....when the ex toasted my Camero in a head on....the battery was split into 3 pieceses and still powered everything for a week in the wrecking yard........that was one hell of a battery!c can you get a sled/bike battery in this type (sprial cell)???

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
u can get any kind of batterie for sled or bike

peeps might not tell u its for a sled all u gotta do is at the ah and the voltage

big in the coming in europe are those batteries now damn expensive though

translates to roughly 250-300 bucks for a batterie :)

Top Bottom