Where is a SAFE place for engine work

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am building a stroker motor and will need block cleaned and redone/balance and also heads. Where is a good place to use and not gonna get ripped off, I don't want to start off on a bad foot. This will be for a 72 charger. Who also knows mopar in the area for info. Thanks

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would recommend staying away from The Block Shop. My dad got screwed over among many others. Try google it, you may find some other info on them.

I would however recommend Pro Stock. Great work, and always there to help you out.

• Thanks
Reactions: RXN

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CALL BRENT LINDERMANN AT ARCTIC EDGE MOTORSPORTS. 403 564 4673 end of story he can fill you in on his 9 second cuda.

Deano

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
used the block shop before and was really happy, pro stock & campbell automotive have been at it a LONG time. talk to a few different people and ask LOT'S of questions before making a decision

Jeepindg

Reaction score
I had a 408 dodge stroker machine work done at the block shop they did good work ---I heard Campbell automotive is good place for mopar engines

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AMS ENGINES OR PRO STOCK here is the people that screwed me over the years on engine building PRO MAX ON SOUTH SIDE they did $13000 dollar work on my 468 big block chevy everything they did i meen everything leaked or fell off then i brought the car back for warrant then i am the a-hole they didn't fix anything so RAW HOT RODS IN KELOWNA fixed everything for me there awesome i bought a brand new crate engine from CAMPBELL AUTOMOTIVE and it failed within 1000km had a engine guy look at it for me it was build with a bunch of wore out used parts ASSHOLES too i had brought my blown nova to pro stock had excellent service from randy so mach i hope that helps you out so you dont get screwed over like me

79TXL

Reaction score
Roger @ Custom automotive. Had lots of work done there. great guy, no b.s. Did lots of asking around, has a great rep @ Castrol Raceway.

cdnemsguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A bit of travel but worth the money is Jims Engines in Prince George. He has done all my machining of my alcohol dragster and Supergas car and never missed a beat. Hes also great with sled engines too. Prices are good too.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a dodge guy, but everytime I went to rebuild a bare block up, I went with a create motor. Cheaper or very close....way faster.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GMPP crate engines are very poorly put together and they of course like with their new vehicles deny, deny, deny until you just deal with it yourself.

I have given a couple engine shops around Edmonton a shot and they were epic fails ( namely Custom Automotive Specialties is a crook that should be out of business, period).... So I am friends with a small town engine shop owner and build my own stuff there with his tools.... Problem solved.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would recommend staying away from The Block Shop. My dad got screwed over among many others. Try google it, you may find some other info on them.

I would however recommend Pro Stock. Great work, and always there to help you out.

I was temped to drive my truck through their front window i was so pissed at the ch!t job they did. Their over the phone quote, $3500 - $4000 full warranty.
dropped the truck off with a poorly running 283, 2bbl, asked for a 350, 2 bbl with electronic ignition. told them its a daily driver, summer and winter.
They dropped in a 350, with a 4bbl and my old distributor. They told me the put centre bolt heads on, so my intake manifold couldn't be used (I've never looked into it) anyways, the 4bbl had an open air cleaner. Lot of good that does in -40 weather. Took the truck home, ran like ch!t, Took it back looking for warranty, Because they used some of my old parts, {distributor, water pump, who knows what else} there was no warranty. I was plenty mad. They also told me an electronic ignition distributor would not fit because the engine sat too close to the fire wall.

I was struggling trying to make it run better myself. And I was looking for an air filter housing that I could run in the winter. Finally found one on kijiji, when I took the truck to buddies place to pick up the housing, he looked at the engine, and first thing he said "your first re-build"? I told him the block shop story and he said first glance the engine was ch!t.
He had his own shop he was retiring from, took the truck over there, found the distributor was sticking. All vacuum lines were too big and leaked, carb bolts were finger tight, timing was out, fuel line was just a hose, it was collapsing on itself. Cost me a lot of extra on small repairs, they even left out a bolt, near the front of the block for holding up the fuel pump rod. I also installed an electronic distributor, the HIE wouldn't fit but the MDS does.

I'll never use the block shop nor recommend the pricks.

by they way the block shop charged me 6200 for that piece of ch!t.

Top Bottom