Where is a good place to free camp near Vega?

ksean

Reaction score
I am hoping that someone out there might be able to give me detailed directions to a good place to free camp and quad in the Vega area. I looked at a whole pile of postings and I couldn't nail down detailed directions.

Had so much fun free camping (for the first time) and quading at Cadomin last week :d that I thought my son and I might try the Vega area in a couple of weeks. Hopefully hunting season will not have started before we head out.

It will be just my 13 year old son and myself so I was going to look for an area somewhat secluded maybe near the river if I am lucky.

I just bought a new GPS unit so GPS coordinates might even work if I can figure out how to use it.:hmm:

Thanks

Andy the Digger

Reaction score
North of Barrhead, Find the Klondyke Ferry that crosses the athabasca river on a map ( On hwy 661 ). Vega riding area starts on the west side of the ferry, and has random camping all along the north side of hwy 661 for a few miles. A popular place to go, is down the power line trail and to the right - in there is a few loops, and many open spots to camp. If you are pulling a trailer, or if clearance is a issue, you may want to head to Vega riding area from the Fort assiniboine side, as the ferry has a steep approach. ( From Fort Assin. you can get to hwy 661 as well. ) FYI - Its a popular spot for bears as well...

Top Bottom