Where do I get a recall clearance from?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got a sled from the states,went through customs and all is good,last step is recieving the RIV form for my inspection,Get a letter today saying they need a recall clearance letter.The dealership told me the recall has been done but dosnt know how to get a recall clearance letter.Been on the phone for a bit and not getting the anwsers I need.
Can you help?
catmando!

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if the dealer has done the recalls, should they not be able to print a clearance letter or have the manufacturer send one out?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Got a sled from the states,went through customs and all is good,last step is recieving the RIV form for my inspection,Get a letter today saying they need a recall clearance letter.The dealership told me the recall has been done but dosnt know how to get a recall clearance letter.Been on the phone for a bit and not getting the anwsers I need.
Can you help?
catmando!

Give Ron @ Paradis Motorsports a call Firefly on the site. He can probably tell ya!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you help?
catmando!

what kind of sled

I have the number for arctic cat,
call the manufacturer they will give you the phone number and you have to fax a request then anywhere from 1-3 weeks later they will send the letter, and the letter is only good for 30 days

I dont believe the dealer can provide this because they dont get the same recalls as USA dealer

let me know if ya need the cat #

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
Need the clearance letter from the maunfacturer. If there was any recalls you may need paperwork showing who did it and what was done.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just talked to my buddy. he has brought a couple back. go to the manufacturer and print out the recalls then get the work order from the dealer showing the work has been completed. its all you need. make sure you have everything at the border 72 hrs in advance

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Another sled WTF? that musta been a quick decsion.....you have to much money:p

Rider38

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe we got ours from Canadian Tire out in the Fort,but I am sure any will do.

slvrbrt

Reaction score
May not help in your situation, but when I imported a quad, RIV said on the paperwork they needed a recall letter. I called them for more details, and found they already had one direct from the manufacturer, it was just a standard item on the forms they sent. Might want to double check, as they may already have it.

I seem to recall there were contact #'s for the various manufacturers somewhere on the RIV site also.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call Arctic Cat in Winnepeg, they were great with mine. You will have to fax the a copy of the bill of sale and they will fax you the recall letter. If all recalls are done you are home free, if not, then the time for RIV gets shorter every day.

If it's not a Cat, someone else will have to help.

slvrbrt

Reaction score
Call Arctic Cat in Winnepeg, they were great with mine. You will have to fax the a copy of the bill of sale and they will fax you the recall letter. If all recalls are done you are home free, if not, then the time for RIV gets shorter every day.

QUOTE]

Their # is on the RIV list posted above.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This site is awsome,damn happy to be a part of it too.It still never stops amazing me how the members we have right here are there to help,And I been here since the beginning.Not at all like another big website we sometimes visit.Although they have a great swapshop LOL!
Anyhow thanks for all your replies and help,I now have the info I need.Everybody keeps telling us Mods to keep up the good work,I would like to reverse that and thank the members for making our job interesting, entertaining and a lot of fun!
catmando!
Yes ,This site Does Rock!

Top Bottom