where do all the write offs go?

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
diggers 71

Hiya diggers your motoski 4 sale bud? I collect old sleds and restore them to original... Let me no. thx Marko

Attachments

• FacebookHomescreenImage.jpg
    FacebookHomescreenImage.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 70
  • FacebookHomescreenImage1.jpg
    FacebookHomescreenImage1.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 70

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wrote off 2002

I had a 2002 doo written off in a vehicle accident the day it was picked up. Bought it back from insurance for 2400 bucks . Had a bent tunnel but beat it back into shape but could never insure it or register it as it was only parts sled. Machine is still in operation.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Most that written off product goes to Insurance Auctions and is only available to the Repair Industry. Summitic problably has some insight into that?
There is a place on the West end that runs ads in the bargin finder and sells the odd write off. I bid on one a few years ago and didn't get it.
Punch Buggies on the east side buys write offs and rebuilds sleds then sell them in the bargin finder. I'm guessing they get them from insurance auctions.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Re: Where Do The Insurance Write-offs Go

Yup, If They're Written-off They Generally Go To Auction For Recyclers. Auto Wreckers, Some Repair Shops, Bike/sled Wreckers, Body Shops, Insurance Companies Can All Bid On These. Once Written-off(unlike Cars And Motorbikes) These Sleds Cannot Be Recertified/registered.
If The Sled Is Purchased Back From The Insurance Company Like 162skidoo Did, Then That Sled Could Be Repaired, But Never Registered Or Insured Again. I Would Suggest Safer To Part It Out, Than Take Chances Driving The Sled In Public(accidents, Lawsuits, Etc). What Would Happen If You Accidentally Hit Someone With A Written-off Repaired Sled And Had No Insurance --- The Other Insurance Company Would Find Out, And You Would Personally Be Sued --- Ouch. Big Chance To Take.

Top Bottom